I bought ti nspire cx ii calculator from Amazon in USA. Now there is an issue with it. So it was dead and I haven't used it for almost a week so I decided to charge it but after sometime when I tried to turn it on its menu screen appeared which was blur and then it got switched off. After that it kept on getting switched on and then off on its on. I don't know what's problem with it Sad . I don't know whether it's charging or not. I need some help.
I used 5V-2A adapters to charge it. Should I return it to ti instruments?
Are you sure it's properly charged?
Any USB mini B cable with a charger should be enough. I even use my power charging-enabled phone charger and it's no issue.
abdulbasit7465 wrote:
I bought ti nspire cx ii calculator from Amazon in USA. Now there is an issue with it. So it was dead and I haven't used it for almost a week so I decided to charge it but after sometime when I tried to turn it on its menu screen appeared which was blur and then it got switched off. After that it kept on getting switched on and then off on its on. I don't know what's problem with it Sad . I don't know whether it's charging or not. I need some help.
I saw your post on iFixit. Have you tried reinstalling the OS like I suggested?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
abdulbasit7465 wrote:
I saw your post on iFixit. Have you tried reinstalling the OS like I suggested?

Sorry I didn't saw that. Someone told me that the calculator is damaged because I used 2A current as it is higher. I should have used 1A. OK I have seen the method to reinstall OS on ifixit so I will try to reinstall OS. Is there any way to get notifications from this website especially if someone replied. And Thank you so much.
nspiredev500 wrote:
Are you sure it's properly charged?
Any USB mini B cable with a charger should be enough. I even use my power charging-enabled phone charger and it's no issue.

Yeah I am sure it's charding because when it's charging is low it appears on the screen. However when I charge it automatically turns off. Like first the blur screen appears and then it turns off. After that it again switches on own its on and this process keeps on until charging is zero.
Just to confirm, the adapters you used to charge the calculator had only the USB power lines connected, not the USB data lines ?
I'm mentioning that because a while ago, after letting my CX II powered off for too long, I had to use an USB power bank to charge the calculator: it wouldn't charge properly when connected to a computer using a data cable.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours