So first, can you delete like one line of text in ti basic, like instead of clrhome and rewrite everything but the one you are erasing? And second, can you change the color of DrawF? Thanks for any response! Very Happy
Are you talking about TI-84 Plus CE Basic? Also, are you talking about text on the home screen or on the graph screen? A little more context might be helpful.
Sorry, I’m talking about TI C Silver Edition. And I’m talking about text on the home screen. And drawF is on the graph.
You can use Output( to display a string with as many spaces as there are columns on the screen to erase a row.
Thanks for the response, can you explain it better please? Do you erase it all and then put the same output? Sorry, I’m kind of new to ti basic. Also, do you know my answer to drawF?
You can do drawF exp, [color] and the same for most graph commands I think. For text on the graph you can use textcolor(color
you can also do a number 10-24 instead of [color]; 10 is blue.
Idk about color on the homescreen though I don't have a CSE

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/home is a great place to learn basic commands btw and also I think you can press + while in the catalogue to the syntax of commands
Like, if you wanted to erase the fourth row on the screen, you would do

Code:
Output(4,1,"                          "

where there are as many spaces after the " as there are columns on the screen.

For DrawF, you can give the color as the second argument:

Code:
DrawF X,BLUE
Hoomon wrote:
Sorry, I’m talking about TI C Silver Edition. And I’m talking about text on the home screen. And drawF is on the graph.

Nice! There's not much talk about the CSE these days, I'm happy to see there's still some people who are using them Smile
RedRam wrote:
You can do drawF exp, [color] and the same for most graph commands I think. For text on the graph you can use textcolor(color
you can also do a number 10-24 instead of [color]; 10 is blue.
Idk about color on the homescreen though I don't have a CSE

http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/home is a great place to learn basic commands btw and also I think you can press + while in the catalogue to the syntax of commands

Regarding not using the color constants, you should never do that. It is actually faster (0.07ms per call), and in this situation (which is what they were meant for), it makes the code easier to understand. The tokens are 2 bytes, which is the same as 2 1-byte digits.
For the CSE, you can't change text colors on the homescreen without external libs. I know Celtic II had a command to change the FG/BG colors.
Thanks for all the responses, they answered my question Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours