Original program from scratch ported to CE!!

^ Click Image to view cologram program Smile

I saw a program on scratch made by a wonderful user "colorgram"
the program looked amazing, so I am deciding to "port" it over to CE.
* Port as in remake it on CE calculator and add more features.

At the end of this dev thread, the Program will look better than the one above and have more features the original.

These are the things I want to have :
  • Make very Simple / Useful for CE Calculators

What do I want to add later on?
  • Make it a full programming language on CE

* Alpha 1.0 Version will one run 6 lines of code *

What do you think? Would you use it? Drop questions Smile
See this is why TI should have never removed assembly support. Nice work Alvajoy, you've come a long way in your programming skills Smile
Eye Candy:

In this demo you see the mouse hover over buttons and change to the select cursor. I then clicked enter or 2nd. this then displayed an O or working to show that clicking works. Smile

* reworking sprites later on Wink *
* Added mouse, mouse hover detection, mouse-clicking*

Quote:
See this is why TI should have never removed assembly support. Nice work Alvajoy, you've come a long way in your programming skills Smile

Thanks, Mateo Smile
I am shocked by how smooth that mouse is. I also used a mouse in my Pokemon TCG CE project, and it was pretty terrible. I would love to know how you made those buttons and how they respond so well to the cursor without and lag. Anyway it's still a pretty cool project and I am already amazed by it!
Quick update:

* in the demo u see me test out the commands

coding is working just fine now!!
[mode] = run code / or you move the mouse all the way to the run button.
[del] = del code that was added;

this is not the final version I want the coding to look something like this.

*photo edited*

Argus wrote:
I am shocked by how smooth that mouse is. I also used a mouse in my Pokemon TCG CE project, and it was pretty terrible. I would love to know how you made those buttons and how they respond so well to the cursor without and lag. Anyway, it's still a pretty cool project and I am already amazed by it!

the cursor had to clear the screen ever time leading to lag. so Mateo showed me partial redrawing
you can read more about it here https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/wiki/GraphX-Library:-Partial-Redraw nothing behind the cursor is running cursor is basically the main loop of the program. the clicking works by checking if the mouse X and Y are less than button max length / greater than the button min.
Quick update:

*used [mode] to run the code
what's new?
  • splash screen

• stock backgrounds

• gfx_code show (shows code graphically)

• improve the overall speed of the cursor (*so fast it needs to be delayed)

running code is faster than ever Razz
* ill add delay later on

But!!.... there is a big issue Confused

the appvars are very big "there filled with sprites".since the appvars are very big they tend to take up memory. this is where zxf compression comes in. zxf compression with compress sprites so that they only fill on appvar. making space for more new items.

What's coming up?
  • Share and load via appvars.

• A sprite to Scratch appvar convertor

Code:
    example:
    "prgmname":prgmSpt2conv
    (this makes a appvar where users sprites will be used in scratch this includes backdrops)

• Saving on exit.

• alpha release!!

*NTS: Alpha release version will be very limited users can only write six lines of code and use only one sprite.

After the alpha release, I will then go to beta release with new and better functions such as (pen tool. better code writing. allow more code, sprites, etc.)

What do you think of the overall design? what do you want to see in this project?
Wow that looks great! You're making a lot of progress with this.

Regarding data size, you're hoping to get everything into 1 appvar with compression? Hopefully it won't impact speed too much.
Oh my God, I remember being shown Scratch a couple years back. Seeing another programming language being implemented on the CE would mark another phenomenal (correct me if I spelled incorrectly) advancement to the 84+ CE history!

Also, too bad ASM is disabled (not like that matters to most schools, anyway, which don't use exam mode nor enforce certain OS versions), halting innovations to what's more than a calculator for calc students. Imagine only the people that design Androids were allowed to advance their products, while the consumers' inputs and creativity end up being invalidated.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Wow that looks great! You're making a lot of progress with this.

Thank you very much Smile . The program is still in alpha stages. I look forward to making users mod every part (mostly) ever part of the program.

Quote:
Regarding data size, you're hoping to get everything into 1 appvar with compression?

Yes. Razz This reduces calc crashing. (the appvar was eating memory for processing )

Quote:
Hopefully, it won't impact speed too much.

The Program can only decompress the sprites when needed so it does not impact speed. there are many ways to attack the problem of the program slowing down. (I look forward to seeing how to impact of decompressing sprites affects the speed of the program Rolling Eyes )
Wow this is really cool! When do you expect it will be available for download?
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
Wow this is really cool! When do you expect it will be available for download?

Alvajoy123 wrote:
The alpha release will be very useless. Like I said it will only run 6 lines code and gradually increase over time. (from 6 to 10 to 100 to 300 ect.)

but you can expect does numbers in the stable version. (v1.0)

The alpha release will be releasing some time this year.
Ah thanks! Really anticipating this! I have a brother that just got a CE, but isn't the biggest programmer. This'll be really cool! Plus it just looks awesome.
KnightsWhoSayNi wrote:
Ah thanks! Really anticipating this! I have a brother that just got a CE, but isn't the biggest programmer. This *will* be really cool! Plus it just looks awesome.

hopefully, he does not have the latest OS version.
your brother should start on the online version of scratch. Wink (it's easier and better)

Quote:
This *will* be really cool! Plus it just looks awesome.

"When opening the program. it feels modern and compiling. I could not believe it was on my calculator." - First time transferring to calc via TICONNECT.
Looks good so far. How are you handling the buttons? Are you just checking against a preset list of values, or do you have an expandable system using structs or something else?
Concept Art:

The stable release may look like this Neutral

What do you think I should change anything?

epsilon5 wrote:
Looks good so far. How are you handling the buttons? Are you just checking against a preset list of values, or do you have an expandable system using structs or something else?

I took an easy approach to my clicking and hovering method.

(clicking)I simply made a function filled with if statements, checking if mouseX and mouseY were less than or greater than a const number. if so then runs code inside if statement then returns (returns speeds things up)

(hovering) Same a clicking but returns 1 if the statement is true. so when function equals 1 it should change the sprite to "hover Mouse" cursorB. and if it reaches the end of the function it returns 0 meaning cursor should stay at "Pointer Mouse"cursorA.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
Oh my God, I remember being shown Scratch a couple years back. Seeing another programming language being implemented on the CE would mark another phenomenal (correct me if I spelled incorrectly) advancement to the 84+ CE history!

Also, too bad ASM is disabled (not like that matters to most schools, anyway, which don't use exam mode nor enforce certain OS versions), halting innovations to what's more than a calculator for calc students. Imagine only the people that design Androids were allowed to advance their products, while the consumers' inputs and creativity end up being invalidated.

(Late Reply "I was programming while replying")

ShinyGardevoir wrote:

I never thought of it as another language Smile . If you think this Phenomenal wait till you see what I have planned for next year Rolling Eyes.

ShinyGardevoir wrote:

To be honest. I think I can ask TI Dev team to implement this as an app as they used to for ti-84.
You can definitely ask TI to be able to implement this as an app. But the fact is that, despite multiple efforts from community members explaining how good it would be, they have never provided support for third-party FlashApps on the TI-eZ80 series - not even the likes of commercial FlashApps such as ZoomMath - and they're removing support for ASM programs, so they're unlikely to deliver.
Quick Update
added fonts and time and date + battery. I also worked on some sprites. Smile

I have compressed all sprites into 1 appvar!!! Razz (This means no more crashing)

I have updated the splash screen. (it looks for all needed appvars before running to prevent crashing)

Until I have decided on how to <load> will work. users will have to type this "may be for alpha version only"

Code:
"<appvar / name>":prgmSCRATCH

I also will upload the new (v1.0) "maybe" GUI.
"Had to rearrange the time and fonts".

Upcoming
  • start working on share and load "GUI"

• "later" allow users to add sprites.

• last but on least save on exit

• Bug fixes.

Nearing the release of Alpha 1.0!!

What do you think about the program so far?
Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this project yet! It looks awesome!!! Keep up that good work Good Idea
Quick Update:

Am working on the file related side of the project. also working auto save on exit

There are many bugs with saving and loading data. "Should be an easy fix"
Talking about bugs the mouse can not move diagonally. I need to find a better input routine.

also finshed project name setting.

KMisthebomb wrote:
Wow I can't believe I haven't seen this project yet! It looks awesome!!! Keep up that good work Good Idea

I tend to post less nowadays. I post a quick update on projects. Thanks Very Happy
edit: Wink "wrong emoji"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours