I started making this program last month, but I stopped working on it for a while and now I have started working on it again. It is a terminal interface that is so far written in TI-BASIC only (I have the source on Github) and will allow for anyone with minimal knowledge of TI-BASIC to create new functions. When you first download the program, you will need to run a program to create a username (or just store a string 4 characters or less in str1), which you can then delete as soon as you are done.

Afterward, you can run the program TERMINAL.8xp with no error. A screenshot of the classic "Hello world" in the terminal:

I have a few commands implemented, and will add more soon.
1. PRINT('string') 100%
2. USRCHNG(new username) 100%
2. MATH(expression) 50%
3. GET(instruction) 50%
4. / (gets last line recieved) 100%
5. EXIT() 100%

Note that I have still to make it possible to run programs from the terminal, but I am not quite sure how to do that in BASIC. (Maybe one of you could give me some help with that Smile)

Anyway, I am excited to see what you think!
The Git Repo is not working.
also, TI-BASIC is very limited. but I look forward to seeing what you can do with this.
Good job Smile
Alvajoy123 wrote:
also, TI-BASIC is very limited. but I look forward to seeing what you can do with this.
Good job Smile

Sorry, I had the privacy settings wrong. The repository link should work now. I heard that Doors CS 1.0 was written entirely in TI-BASIC, would you guys have any idea as to how it went about custom program execution from the shell?
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Good job Smile

Sorry, I had the privacy settings wrong. The repository link should work now. I heard that Doors CS 1.0 was written entirely in TI-BASIC, would you guys have any idea as to how it went about custom program execution from the shell?

I believe you're talking about DoorsXP? I don't think it did anything fancy. It just hard-coded a bunch of common programs people might have and if you happened to have that program installed, it would execute it via the prgm token. If not, it would just error out.

I like the premise of this program, maybe some hex code could help you with program detection!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I like the premise of this program, maybe some hex code could help you with program detection!

That would work fine, I just don't know how to do it! If you could help with that, it would be great!

Now for an Update:
I have decided to move the terminal interface to the graph screen, as well as change around the program structure a bit. I am in the middle of that right now (since I can't use commands like "Input()", it takes a little longer) but I will hopefully have some more screenshots on Cemetech and update the source on GitHub tomorrow.

Edit:
Actually, I'm getting a few weird errors, and it's taking a bit longer than I thought. I might need an extra day before updating the source (unless you want it to be very buggy).
I'm rewriting the engine, so it may take a while. Hopefully I'll be done by the end of the week. Neutral
Finally! An update!

There are still a few bugs, but they are very minor. I have also updated the source at the project's Git Repository.

In Today's Update:
1. Moved command line prompt to the graph screen for more space and customizable graphics. 90%
2. Updated engine as well as moving command library to a seperate program. 100%

Bugs Known:
1. when typing on a new line, program still adds character to string but does not display character.

Future Ideas:
1. Password protection when logging in.
2. Figuring out how to write a program (or finding/someone else writing) for program recognition in the Terminal.
3. Fix more bugs.
4. Any other ideas you guys might have!

Just to show the new interface, I have included a screenshot below. The weird flash at the end of the gif is not a bug in the program, it is because I triggered a break error previously and messed up the graph screen reset to how it was before the program ran.
Update:
I have fixed the bug where the first character of a new line does not appear.
I am currently working on implementing a way to run programs from the terminal, though it requires some very basic TI-BASIC knowledge. My thought is to have a separate "program library" program, in which for each program the user wishes to access is this code:

Code:
:If Str1="EXAMPLE":Then
:prgmEXAMPLE           //or AsmPrgmEXAMPLE
:ClrHome:ClrDraw
:End

The user would simply re-type this code for the program they wished to add, (replacing "EXAMPLE" with the name of the program, and using AsmPrgm rather than prgm for assembly programs) and then the terminal program takes care of the rest.
Note:
I have not updated the source on GitHub yet.
New Release!
I have fixed the bugs, and updated the source code. I have also created a way for users to run programs.

WARNING
This program may be very buggy! Use at your own risk (actually use anyway, then report the bug to me so I can fix it Very Happy )
In order to run the program, copy and paste the latest source into SourceCoder3, and compile. I was not able to upload the .8xp files to GitHub, so that is why you must compile the code yourself.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours