There was an app that I found for my calculator (TI-84+CSE) that had a special style for displaying tables. Is there any way to replicate it? The app was a probability simulator. I found it through a google search of “ probability simulation app for ti-84 plus c silver edition”. Because it’s an app and not a program, I’m not sure I can view its code. I use TI-Connect CE for sending/receiving calc programs if this by helps. The table I’m talking about specifically was in the random number part of the app. All of the options in the app have table/graph versions, but I’m specifically going for the style of the RNG portion. (Function Cool
I suppose you're referring to TI's official probability simulation app. Screenshots from TI-84Plus_CE_AppGuide.pdf:

(Referring to the CE documentation because TI like to pretend that the CSE never existed, but UI-wise I assume they're very similar.)

Unfortunately because this is a TI app and the source isn't available, the best you might be able to do would be to disassemble it and work out where the table display code lives, then try to extract it. That sounds excessively difficult, when you could probably write your own code to emulate that output more easily.

In short, there's no simple way to duplicate what it does. You're better off writing something from scratch to emulate it.
Tari wrote:
I suppose you're referring to TI's official probability simulation app. Screenshots from TI-84Plus_CE_AppGuide.pdf:

(Referring to the CE documentation because TI like to pretend that the CSE never existed, but UI-wise I assume they're very similar.)

Unfortunately because this is a TI app and the source isn't available, the best you might be able to do would be to disassemble it and work out where the table display code lives, then try to extract it. That sounds excessively difficult, when you could probably write your own code to emulate that output more easily.

In short, there's no simple way to duplicate what it does. You're better off writing something from scratch to emulate it.

Alright. Thanks for the help! Would using the Text( command be a good substitute for making a table of preset values? My goal is to display the trig functions of every angle in 30° increments.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours