I tried looking at Casio's Tech Specs sheet and at Planet Casio and TI-Planet, but I couldn't seem to find the CPU type and its clock speed. I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be?
I'm curious because I was running a summation benchmark (starting at 0, going to 100,000 by x^2) and, surprisingly, the Casio beat my HP Prime G2 at it (.32 seconds vs .92 seconds). However it was slower at the simpler calculations (like 1+1) so I was wondering if the CPU was better than the Prime's or if it was something Casio did with the OS that makes the calculation speeds wonky.
I would assume that the difference in speed between simple and complex equations has to do with the efficiency of the interpreter. The interpreter on each calc probably has to work about as hard to do a summation as to do 1+1, though the actual calculation is obviously faster for 1+1.

I don't know much about Casio calcs, but if I had to guess, I would say that the CG500 uses a SuperH SH-7305, the same as the CP400.

According to this thread, CASIO doesn't make this info publicly available. It also listed a clock speed of 54 MHz, though there is no source for this number, and I have found nothing else to back it up.
Clock speed of Processor in CG50 is 58 Mhz, you can use APP name "Utilies" to read Hardware information
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/prizm/shells/
dophuc wrote:
Clock speed of Processor in CG50 is 58 Mhz, you can use APP name "Utilies" to read Hardware information
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/prizm/shells/
Oh wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread. Thanks a bunch dophuc, and welcome to Cemetech! We'd love if you could introduce yourself!

I'd like to add that when I asked on Planet Casio why the Casio calculator was so fast at that one type of equation, they simply said it's because the engineers found some special software trick that let them accelerate some equations.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours