Adriweb wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Next I have my lovely white TI 84 Plus CE Rev M made in May 2019. It has the new, faster FLASH and boy is it much nicer than the old CE.

RIP IT OPEN! We need answers!
Seriously though, I want the chip numbers/datecodes.

I concur!
Hehe, looks like I don't have to, critor beat me to it!

I wasn't expecting to make another post so soon, but my grandpa just gave me his old TI-2550 and the original leather case! It's only a basic calculator, but it's in fantastic condition and it was one of the first to get full memory onto its chip! That's right, the calculator can store and recall an entire number! Of course it's just RAM so the moment you turn it off the data is lost, but hey it was pretty advanced for the 1970's! Speaking of dates, the date code on the back (324) means this calculator was made on the 32nd week of 1974 which falls between August 5th through the 11th.

This calculator runs on four AA batteries however, it also has a charging port that looks like a TI 83's I/O port. This means the calculator can utilize three AA NiCd batteries to become a rechargeable calculator!

Lastly, The slider on top allows you to switch between 2 decimal precision, 4 decimals, or float which shows 8 decimals on the the neat, red LED stick display. That's the information I found most interesting, if you'd like more details go to http://www.datamath.org/>basic calculators>▪TI-2550 line>TI-2550.

That brings my total collection to:
  • TI-2550
  • TI-84 Plus CE Denim (pre-A)
  • TI-84 Plus CE White (rev M)
  • HP Prime G2
If my dad can find his old HP calculator this list will continue to grow! Very Happy

Enough talk, here's some pictures! (click for full size)

My HP Prime G2, its slide case, and the micro-USB charging cable; The TI-2550, its leather zipper case, and the 2.5mm 2-pin charging cable; My TI-84 Plus CE; its slide case, and the mini-USB charging cable

Back view

Thickness, the TI-2550 is a chunky 4.5in thick but comes in at a reasonable 10 ounces (.625 pounds or 283.5 grams). You can also see the difference in charging ports from this angle.

Charging brick and cable. The brick is completely blank except for the one side.

Voyage 200
TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
TI-84 Plus CE
TI-Nspire
TI-Nspire CX
TI-Nspire CX II CAS

I’m quite happy with my assortment now. I’ll be adding an 83 PCE EP soon, I hope. :p
Latest additions to my collection. TI-2550 III, KMC 100B, Kings Point KP-450, TI BA-III, Technico, Tevion SC-809. Normally I don’t buy the off brand calculators, but they were only about a $1. The TI-2550 display flashed randomly when I first turned it on, but then stopped. I charged the battery fully, but no go anymore. The Kings Point works great and has a blue VFD. I like those kind. The Tevion has a lot of functions and the 2 middle ones are just simple calculators. That brings my collection to 184.

all i have so far is a TI-83 + although im looking to get a TI-84 + CE this christmas.
ever since i put games on my 83 + everyone at my school has suddenly forgotten their calculator and want to borrow mine.
and the main reason i want an 84 + CE is for the gameboy emulator and pokemon in math class.
Here’s 2 calculators I added to my collection. The TI 80, which I didn’t have, came with a manual and the other off brand calculator I thought was interesting. Both of them work. The Child World calculator looks like it’s never been used because there’s no scratches or marks on it. That’s bring my collection to 191 calculators.

Here's mine:
TI-73 Explorer (84 style casing)
TI-92
TI-83 Plus (currently in transit from eBay)
TI-36X Pro
TI-30xiis
TI-1706 (original model, it was DOA sadly so I smashed it a few years ago)

Hoping to get an 84 plus ce and an FX-9750GII for xmas.
Rawto; I found 2 Casio fx-9750GII calculators at a flea market still in their plastic packages (but opened) for $5 each. I don’t know why the person was selling them. I bought 1 of them then went back the next week and he still had the other one. So I bought that one too.
dave1707 wrote:
Rawto; I found 2 Casio fx-9750GII calculators at a flea market still in their plastic packages (but opened) for $5 each. I don’t know why the person was selling them. I bought 1 of them then went back the next week and he still had the other one. So I bought that one too.
\

Nice! My parents aren't particularly pleased with thrift stores ("they're so dirty!") , so i'll probably buy the Casio with allowance money off of ebay for about 25 bucks.
Rawto wrote:
Nice! My parents aren't particularly pleased with thrift stores ("they're so dirty!") , so i'll probably buy the Casio with allowance money off of ebay for about 25 bucks.

I can definitely relate Rawto.. my parents are the same way. Very Happy

As for my collection; I've been trying to get my hands on a TI-84 Pocket SE (with not much luck) and some viewscreen models.

I also got a bunch of miscellaneous scientific calculators from my math teacher who had spares:
TI-30XIIS (1x, bringing my total to 2)
TI-30XS Multiview (2x, plan to paint one in meh condition.)

And some others I've bought myself:
TI-36X Pro
TI-15 Explorer
Yet Another Unknown Dollar Store Calculator™

My next purchase will either be a TI-89, Original Nspire, or a TI-Presenter. 14 Calcs total so far!
I have:

TI-82
I've added a few more since I last posted, my favorite of which is a TI-2500 I restored. (It wasn't working, turned out to be shot batteries.) My collection, in order of acquisition:

TI-84 Plus C Silver Ediiton
TI-84 Plus CE
Voyage 200
TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
TI Nspire CX-II CAS
TI Nspire CX
TI Nspire
TI-84 Plus
TI-83 Premium CE Edition Python
Casio fx-9750GII
TI-84 Plus
TI-92 Plus
TI-81
TI-2500

I've got three calculators so far, which were all bought new from Best Buy. That plus my "calculator binder" (just a binder that has printed versions of a bunch of tutorials, along with some notes I've scribbled when there's nothing else to write on) makes the total come out at about $450. Canadian dollars, that is. These are my models so far:
-TI-83+
-TI-84+
-TI-84+CE

My only regrets are the last two, because the 84+ has that stupid display driver that breaks DoorsCS, and the 84+CE has OS 5.3.1+, so I can't do ASM without a computer. But I do plan on using that to my advantage by, for example, coming up with permanent workarounds for these issues.
You can downgrade from is 5.3.1 using this: http://ti-pla.net/a1581757 Wink
Yeah, I know, but sadly no PC. I can occaisionally use one, but not often.
Nomkid wrote:
I've got three calculators so far, which were all bought new from Best Buy. That plus my "calculator binder" (just a binder that has printed versions of a bunch of tutorials, along with some notes I've scribbled when there's nothing else to write on) makes the total come out at about $450. Canadian dollars, that is. These are my models so far:
-TI-83+
-TI-84+
-TI-84+CE

My only regrets are the last two, because the 84+ has that stupid display driver that breaks DoorsCS, and the 84+CE has OS 5.3.1+, so I can't do ASM without a computer. But I do plan on using that to my advantage by, for example, coming up with permanent workarounds for these issues.

Seems like you have a tendency to buy bad revisions of good calculators Laughing Don't buy a new TI-Nspire Evil or Very Mad

You should look into buying used, you can find some in very good condition at a fraction of the cost of buying them new.
Also, you should create an account on calcs.tiplanet.org and share the hardware/software revisions of your calculators.
Nomkid wrote:
Yeah, I know, but sadly no PC. I can occaisionally use one, but not often.

I don't understand how a Canadian in 2020 who owns multiple graphing calculators can't get access to a computer, this isn't the first time we've seen computer-less people join the forum. Is this some new trend where people are ditching PCs and only use mobile devices?
Yes, some people do not have access to the usual computers with proper screen, keyboard, mouse and connectivity for physical devices. There are certainly multiple reasons for this, but that's a bit off-topic Smile

TI has very recently started providing [s]an Android[/s] a Chromebook (similar, but still - thanks Adriweb) application for communicating with the 83PCE/84+CE, even if it fails to work for important use cases. WebUSB-based applications have been on the community's wishlist for years, but like nearly all developers of FLOSS, and unlike people on manufacturers' payrolls, we're not paid to work on such tasks, which extremely slows down the process Sad
I forgot to add my TI84+CE (Xmas present) to my calculator list. My collection is up to 205 calculators, with 84 of them TI. Of those 84, 62 are different TI models. I have no rhyme or reason as to what calculators I buy. If it a handheld and looks interesting, I’ll buy it. Some calculators I find are less than a $1 and most less than $5.
The other day I was having a conversation with my math teacher. I told her that I liked to program my graphing calculators, and she warned that my RAM would be reset every time I took a test.
My response? "That's okay, I've got three"
Added a TI-25x Solar to my collection. Bought it for $1.29 from Goodwill where I find a lot of my calculators. It’s about 2x4 inches and has quite a few functions on it. I didn’t have that one, so it was a good trip to that Goodwill even though it was 84 miles round trip. It was a sunny day (finally), so it was more for the ride then finding something.
I added 2 new calculators to my collection this weekend:
  • TI-Nspire CAS prototype (DVT 2.0)
  • TI-81 with ROM 1.5k

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 22 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours