How about an auto debugger? Press button, get solutions to buggy BASIC code...
Good news for Linux users! I've added more distros and architectures to the build matrix on OBS, and now the following targets are directly available!

Arch (x86_64)
Debian 9.0 (i586, x86_64, armv7l, aarch64)
Fedora 25 (i586, x86_64)
Fedora 26 (i586, x86_64, aarch64)
Fedora 27/28/29 (i586, x86_64, armv7l, aarch64)
Fedora Rawhide (i586, x86_64, armv7l)
Raspbian 9.0 (armv7l, aarch64)
openSUSE Leap 15.0/42.2/42.3 (x86_64, armv7l, aarch64, ppc64le) and i586 for 42.3)
openSUSE Leap 15.1 (x86_64)
openSUSE Tumbleweed (i586, x86_64)
Ubuntu (and variants) 16.04/16.10/17.04/17.10/18.04/18.10 (i586, x86_64)

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Aadriweb%3ACEmu&package=cemu
At _iPhoenix_'s request, I did a Gource visualization of development history.
This is showing all commits as beams shot by contributors at dots representing different files on the directory tree. Especially with the bloom it looks quite pretty.
This took about an hour to render on my laptop.
Adriweb wrote:
For fun (until it's much cleaner and integrated properly with the rest), I've made a ti-basic live execution viewer thingy [...]

MateoConLechuga has since picked up the work I left there, and did quite some improvements to the code, while also adding awesome features Smile

We now have:
  • A new part of the GUI (not yet finalized ...) dedicated to TI-Basic debugging
  • A visualizer (with highlighting) of the currently running TI-Basic code (and the contents of the temporary parser, in the tab next to it)
  • The ability to see the current execution "live", or the current fetch (what the parser looks at then run - not necessarily very useful, but why not)
  • The ability to pause and step / step next

There is more to come, and probably soon: GUI additions (most notably, variables and their current values), and breakpoints on TI-Basic code...

A quick preview:

If you want to try, it's on this branch: https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/tree/feature/basic-dbg
CEmu v1.3 has been released!

Quite a big changelog - happy emulating!
Thanks to all the contributors and users for continuing to make CEmu better! Feel free to download the newest release above, and stay tuned for version 2.0, which will have source-level debugging for C and TI-Basic programs! Smile
I really want to rewrite portions of the CEmu GUI, and I'm open to suggestions on how to make things look better and easier for you to use.

Please post any comments here!
Is it possible to add an option where it seamlessly shows the full skin (LCD border and keypad) like in Wabbitemu?
Coding Enthusiast wrote:
Is it possible to add an option where it seamlessly shows the full skin (LCD border and keypad) like in Wabbitemu?

You can already do this though.

Oh. I must have overlooked that setting. I'll look again next time I record an animated screenshot to upload.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I really want to rewrite portions of the CEmu GUI, and I'm open to suggestions on how to make things look better and easier for you to use.

Please post any comments here!

It would be great, if there was an option to delete all Cemu Files stored localy (apart from CEMU.exe). I had a bit of trouble with CEMU(did not start properly) after installing a program which overwhelmed the CEMU debug commands a bit. It would be great to just do something like CEMU --reset-installation instead of googling around and then deleting the CEMU files.
I couldn't find this anywhere.. But is there an option to send files to Archive instead of RAM when opening files?
I think that if you drag a file into the emulator (At least on mac), you have the option to send the files either way:
Perfect thanks! That does indeed also work on Windows Smile
question, how do you run asm programs on cemu. i tryed but i cant figure it out
The exact same way as a real calculator, that's actually the point.
If you're running OS 5.5 or later, you'll have to use arTIfiCE.
i am running a os 5.7. i tried to send CabriJr to Cemu but it did not show up on the apps menu
Right, that would indeed require a more recent build of CEmu than the latest release...
If you're on Windows, you can try this: https://jacobly.com/CEmu/master/CEmu64.exe
Then you can transfer (drag'n'drop) the CabriJr app and it will work as expected.
thx
im using the macOS version. how I set CEmu up was I made a disk image (the closest thing on Mac to a .rom file) and just started it up. the screen on the (emulated) calc is black, and says "LCD off". however, when I press F12 on my keyboard to turn it on or press the on button in the keypad, it doesnt turn on. theres not message in the console app and nothing happens. the screen still says "LCD off". if any of you know how to convert a .dmg file to a .rom file, let me know because this could be the problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 14 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours