Being the tech geek and responsible updater that I am, I updated my TI Nspire CX CAS to version 4.5.1.12.

I quickly realized (was 99.9% sure that) the sole purpose of that update was to render Ndless's jailbreak mechanism ineffective Sad

Running ndless_installer_4.5.0.tns now just shows an empty document screen after a while.

I'd like to revert back to version 4.5.0. I still have the following OS file: TI-NspireCXCAS-4.5.0.1180.tcc
However, the computer link software refuses to downgrade with the message, "[M7] You cannot install a version of the OS that is older than the currently installed version". I even tried renaming the file to TI-NspireCXCAS-4.5.1.13.tcc in a last-ditch attempt; it didn't work

Any help would be appreciated, I really want my games and programs back Neutral

the ndless website clearly states for v4.5.0 or earlier; I can't believe I didn't think of checking that before updating *sigh*
Quote:
I quickly realized (was 99.9% sure that) the sole purpose of that update was to render Ndless's jailbreak mechanism ineffective Sad

Probably not the sole purpose, as they pretend to have performed some fixes for CX II communication compatibility, but indeed, an important purpose...

Quote:
Any help would be appreciated, I really want my games and programs back Neutral

It's too late... you'll have to wait for Ndless 4.5.1.12 to eventually become available. The issue is already tracked at https://github.com/ndless-nspire/Ndless/issues/173 , and the fewer new replies to that thread (or the sibling thread about Ndless 5.0+ for the CX II), the sooner it becomes available Smile
Ok, thank you! At least I know they're working on it now Smile

I'll subscribe to both the 4.5.12 and 5.0 GitHub threads.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours