Does anyone know where to get ConvPNG and ConvTile for a Mac?
You can find them directly here and here, respectively.
However, I would recommend installing the C toolchain instead, which contains both convpng and convtile as well as convhex, which can be used to compress programs.
Btw, when using convcsv, where do you put the command:

Code:
convcsv [-options] <input file(s)> <output file>
Argus wrote:
Btw, when using convcsv, where do you put the command:

Code:
convcsv [-options] <input file(s)> <output file>

If I understand your question correctly, you type that into the command line in the directory containing your .csv file.

For example, when I convert the tilemap for DungeonCE, it looks like this:

(sorry that the prompt window is translucent, lol)

When you don't specify an input file, it just takes all .csv files and puts them in the output file that you specify.
You will have to use an option command, I think, if you are converting it for ICE
Um, that's close to what was asking. What I meant to say was do I need any other files in the same directory as the converter? I currently have just the csv file and convcsv together. I just wanted to know if any other files (like the .ini file in convpng) were required for it to work.
Nope, the .csv file is all you need.
But nothing happens when I run convcsv. The prompt window flashes for a split second, and vanishes.
Argus wrote:
But nothing happens when I run convcsv. The prompt window flashes for a split second, and vanishes.

use convtile
Ok it showed up this time, but never converted anything. It says:

Code:
ConvTile 2.4 By M.Waltz

[error] no output name specified
useage:
 convtile <output header name>

What does this mean?
Plz be patient with me it's the first time i've used this
Argus wrote:
Ok it showed up this time, but never converted anything. It says:

Code:
ConvTile 2.4 By M.Waltz

[error] no output name specified
useage:
 convtile <output header name>

What does this mean?
Plz be patient with me it's the first time i've used this

Did you specify an output file name? What was the command that you entered to get that?
I didn't enter any command into the popup window. It didn't allow me to. It just opened, showed the message, and closed.
Argus wrote:
I didn't enter any command into the popup window. It didn't allow me to. It just opened, showed the message, and closed.

You don't open the file called convtile or convcsv, you open a command prompt in the directory containing the file you want to convert
Oh. Sorry, I'm not a don't usually use a Windows computer so I wasn't sure where I had to put that command Razz. Also realized that I can't open the command window because I'm using a school laptop Sad...
Anyway, if I do it on a Mac, would it still be the same steps?
1. Put csv file in folder
2. Put convcsv.exe (I can't get the unarchiver to open the Mac version) in the same folder
3. Enter the command into the terminal
4. Click convcsv
5. Smile
Or is it a little different?
I'm not sure about the steps on mac, but when I did it with just the .exe, I:
1. Put csv in folder
2. put correct version into folder
3.type command in the terminal
4.hit enter

then it worked
The amount of bad advice on this thread is appalling.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The amount of bad advice on this thread is appalling.

I am sorry ;-;
Use convcsv, not convtile.

Steps to run on Mac:

Place convcsv (renamed!) (The Mac version) in the same directory as your CSV files. Press the Mac symbol on the keyboard and the spacebar and type "Terminal" to access the shell. Use the 'cd' command to navigate to where convcsv and the file you want to convert is located. For example, type 'cd /Users/Me/TheFolder' to navigate to the correct folder. The run the following command, changing inputs and outputs as needed:

Code:
chmod +x convcsv
./convcsv -i input.csv output.txt
So, Terminal gives me the error:

Code:
chmod: convcsv: No such file or directory

When I type in the command:

Code:
chmod +x convcsv

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. I navigated to the correct directory, (I'm sure I didn't mess up three times, because it showed what directory I was in) and I just entered the command. I think this might be due to the fact that I'm using the .exe instead of the Mac version. This is because I get an error message every time I try to extract the contents of the file.
I feel so dumb not being able to get this to work after so long...
Why are you using the exe version. I told you to get the Mac version. Rename it to convcsv.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours