Hello everyone.

I am currently attempting to get Debian on my TI Nspire CX using the guide Ivoah has in his blog.
https://ivoah.net/blog/2016/03/20/how-to-install-debian-on-a-ti-nspire/

What I have done so far:

Installed Ndless, linuxloader2, dtb, and the usb start files
Partitioned the flash drive as ext4

My calculator is running OS 4.4 with hardware revision P.

I am currently at a halt on step 3 where he says to install qemu user static, binfmt support, and debootstrap.
I am running Debian off of a live disk, and it does not currently have wi-fi access, so I was wondering if it would be possible to download the packages outside of Debian, put them on a thumbdrive, and then install them in Debian.

Thanks!
You can do that actually. dpkg allows for installation of deb's without internet access, but make sure you have the dependencies. So yes, you can install the packages outside of Debian, and install them in Debian using your flash drive.
You can do that using sudo dpkg -i examplepackage.deb
De2290 wrote:
You can do that actually. dpkg allows for installation of deb's without internet access, but make sure you have the dependencies. So yes, you can install the packages outside of Debian, and install them in Debian using your flash drive.
You can do that using sudo dpkg -i examplepackage.deb

All right, I'll check to see if dpkg is included with the pre-installed packages on the disk.

I looked for the packages on Debian's website for the version I have, Stretch 9.9, but I didn't find them. Are they available for Stretch 9.9? If not, can I use the ones from the later versions? Confused
Dpkg is the package manager. It should be there for all versions of Debian. I think you could probably use the ones from later versions, though I am not sure on that. Why don't you just use a new version of Debian?
I don't have a live disk for the latest version, but I could download the ISO image. I'll have to do some research. Smile
Captain Calc wrote:
I don't have a live disk for the latest version, but I could download the ISO image. I'll have to do some research. Smile

Just download the ISO image and burn it to a DVD or a USB.
You don't need to burn the ISO image containing the packages you need, you can easily mount it on your filesystem through the loopback feature: `mount -o loop ...`.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours