Do you think this desktop application may benefit you?
Yes.
 53%  [ 7 ]
No.
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

-Snippet Game Maker is going to be a desktop application used to make games for the TI calculators.
The user may put together parts of a game and the application will put together snippets of code for
you to copy and paste right into TI Connect CE's Program Editor! There will also be a sprite maker implemented because making sprites the traditional way is always annoying, and I may branch out to assembly or C, I just need to see how far this gets on the first throw.

-This project is still in idea mode, and I would like some collaborators to help me make this idea a
reality!

-Also, Please take 2 seconds to choose a choice on the poll above. ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

-And, if you want to become a collaborator please tell me. ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
The poll is above

Also, I think the satisfaction and fun comes from making the game yourself, as with MCreator, a program that allows you to make (not optimized) MC mods, which are also limited to MCreator's capabilities. While such programs are used, many in the DIY community don't really like them, as I stated before, the fun and problem solving skills, aren't really obtained using a drag and drop interface.

What I do suggest, if you make such an app, is to make an explanation for each snippet of code, and since this is BASIC, the restrictions of not being able to modify program code don't apply.

Bottom line: If you want to make such an app, go ahead! This was just me putting in my opinion, and I'm sure others have differing views on such a project.
SM84CE wrote:
The poll is above

Also, I think the satisfaction and fun comes from making the game yourself, as with MCreator, a program that allows you to make (not optimized) MC mods, which are also limited to MCreator's capabilities. While such programs are used, many in the DIY community don't really like them, as I stated before, the fun and problem solving skills, aren't really obtained using a drag and drop interface.

What I do suggest, if you make such an app, is to make an explanation for each snippet of code, and since this is BASIC, the restrictions of not being able to modify program code don't apply.

Bottom line: If you want to make such an app, go ahead! This was just me putting in my opinion, and I'm sure others have differing views on such a project.

It is optional to make your game completely from this, as you can fill in the lines of code by hand if you wish, There will also be a sprite maker implemented because making sprites the traditional way is always annoying, as I have learned. I am expecting the more experienced programmers to use this for easy sprite making, and the less experienced to use it for learning the language better. I may branch out to assembly or C, I just need to see how far this gets on the first throw.
Always good to experiment! And yes, sprite making is a pain, I usually use convPNG, but I'd like to see what you have planned!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours