Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Awesome find! I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago, but there was nothing as cool as this. Smile
Went to a flea market today and found another red led calculator. This one had the original box with instruction manual. There was also the bubble wrap pouch that it was probably wrapped in when it was new. The calculator is in perfect condition except for some yellowing on the back of the case.
I currently only have 2 calcs:
    ▪ TI-84 Plus CE
    ▪ TI-82

I want to get the following:
    ▪ TI-84 Plus
    ▪ TI-Nspire CX II CAS
Double posting b/c these are completely unrelated:
dave1707 wrote:
Went to a flea market today and found another red led calculator. This one had the original box with instruction manual. There was also the bubble wrap pouch that it was probably wrapped in when it was new. The calculator is in perfect condition except for some yellowing on the back of the case.

National Museum of American History:
https://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/search/object/nmah_334436 Razz
Added 2 more calculators to my collection. The one on the right only has a 6 digit display, but if you press the lower right key (arrows), it shows another 6 digits of a calculation for a total of 12 digits.

Here's the latest addition to my calculator collection. I like finding the green VF displays.

Wow, this thread is still somewhat alive! (In no small part due to dave1707, it seems. Razz) I remember reading this when I was little back when it started.

Anyways! My collection's pretty small, but it's something.



Going Left to Right, top to bottom:
TI-92 Plus
Casio fx-280
TI-92 (no modules installed, as far as I know.)
TI-30 XIIS
Casio fx-9750GII-WE (just purchased today!)
TI-83+ (daily driver.. for now. we'll see how the fx-9750GII does. Wink)
TI-85
Sharp Minuet
Unknown Dollar Store Calculatorô

Making 9 calcs in total! I'm thinking of getting an original nspire just cause. Found a spectacular deal on amazon. I also have a 2006 macbook i got for 20 bucks on ebay.. just for transferring programs to the TI-85. Neutral Oh well.

Edit: I also forgot to mention, these are all in fully working order, and I have a 73-83 viewscreen (but no way to use it yet.)
andrewk
Your collection may be small, but you have a few calculators that I haven't found yet. I'm now up to 176 calculators. I've added a few since my last post, but none of them I thought were special enough to post a picture of. I bought a second Casio fx-9750GII for $5 still in the package. The first one I bought a few weeks ago was also $5 in the package.
dave1707 wrote:
andrewk
Your collection may be small, but you have a few calculators that I haven't found yet. I'm now up to 176 calculators.


That number is impressive! Which one of my calculators would you consider rare then?

dave1707 wrote:
andrewk
I bought a second Casio fx-9750GII for $5 still in the package. The first one I bought a few weeks ago was also $5 in the package.


Lucky you! Mine was 40$ new at target. I have the -WE model, same as you mentioned. Still not sure what it means..

By the way.. I forgot to backup before flashing the 9850GII os onto mine. If you ever get the chance, I'd really appreciate if you could send me the original, or a link where I can find it. Razz (I used the tool fxRemote.)
andrewk
I think the -WE stands for White. I looked at a bunch of images of the 9750GII and the ones that had -WE were White and the ones with -PK were Pink.

I have no way to hook up my calculators to a PC, so I can't do anything with the OS.

I don't know if any of yours are rare, I just haven't found them at Goodwill or a Flea market yet.
The ones I don't have are Casio fx-280, TI-92, TI-92 Plus, and Sharp Minuet. Not sure about the Dollar Store calculator. I'd have to look thru my collection to match the picture.

I posted a list of my collection on some other site, I don't remember the name. I'd have to search for it.
dave1707 wrote:
andrewk
I think the -WE stands for White. I looked at a bunch of images of the 9750GII and the ones that had -WE were White and the ones with -PK were Pink.

That would make sense. The ones i saw without -WE all were black, so this matches. Good eye.
dave1707 wrote:
I have no way to hook up my calculators to a PC, so I can't do anything with the OS.

Itís just a mini-USB cable on the fx, though. You donít need to use the 2.5mm port.
dave1707 wrote:
The ones I don't have are Casio fx-280, TI-92, TI-92 Plus, and Sharp Minuet. Not sure about the Dollar Store calculator. I'd have to look thru my collection to match the picture.

I havenít been able to find anyone else with the 280 or Minuet, so that would be surprising. The 280 was my grandpaís and Minuet was my grandmaís. Dollar store one seems relatively common though, Iíve seen it used a couple times in my math class.
I just received a very nice package from Critor and Adriweb containing a TI-XXXXXXXXXXX (TI-Nspire CAS DVT1.2) as well as some TI-Planet merch.

As you can see in the images, it has a JTAG connector (used to ), and the faceplate reads TI-XXXXXXXXXXX, commonly abbreviated to (TI-11X). There isn't a date code or factory ID, but we can assume it would be P-0107. It boots up fine, and displays PP1234 in the top left corner during a ram reset. The Boot1 Code version is 1.0.1.9999 and the Boot2 Code version is 1.0.4.9999. The inside is more or less the same as the DVT1.2 on datamath, it even has the hand-soldered jumper held down with hot glue, which seems to only be present in this revision as far as I can tell. It would be interesting to look into what its for.


(You can click on the images to bring up the full size version)
Wow that's really cool womp! I'm surprised it still in such good condition.
How do you even get your hands on development and other prototype models? I wouldn't think you could just find them on Ebay.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow that's really cool womp! I'm surprised it still in such good condition.
How do you even get your hands on development and other prototype models? I wouldn't think you could just find them on Ebay.

This particular one I got from Critor. The guys aver at TI-Planet have a few "exclusive" ways of being exposed to prototypes:
  1. They sometimes get sent development models to review before releases
  2. They know people such as Erick Archer and Patrick Verstrepen, who are/were part of the engineering teams at TI
  3. They have connections with some factory workers from China
As far as I know, these are the only ways to to be exposed to these kinds of things.
Hmmm, 1. Yes, 2. Yes but that has nothing to do with prototypes Razz It's rather more being in contact with people like Joerg Woerner. 3. Not that I'm aware of. Rather, it's indirect. We are in contact with fellow chinese ti community members who themselves know some guys in China somehow getting their hands on stuff. But most of the time it's just looking stuff up on TaoBao though.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 21 of 21
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement