I have not :O I do wish there were more details in the shadows but 🤷‍♂️
Is there any specific reason that the pictures are showing up as little icons?
Shot this with my Canon t4i. Almost seems surreal to me how beautifully the sunlight shines on the rock face. This is at Yosemite
That looks absolutely amazing! Very Happy
Yosemite is 100% gorgeous. I need to get off my butt and go visit it again.

img1 by Nikky, on Flickr

img2 by Nikky, on Flickr

img3 by Nikky, on Flickr

img4 by Nikky, on Flickr
Looks awesome! Those are beautiful pictures! Very Happy
Those first two photos, especially the first one, looks like they should be from Area 51 Razz

Scouted a location for a photoshoot on Tuesday, did the shoot on Wednesday. Photos came out pretty good! I admit that I photoshopped this one slightly. I blew out a few highlights in the rocks so I ended up addressing that with some light compositing. It's sorta noticeable and I didn't do every blown highlight, just the more glaring ones.

This was a candid shot between more structured shots but it's easily my favorite shot of the day. I haven't even edited the others. Haha.

Flowers by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
That looks beautiful! I love the perspective you used while composing the image Very Happy
Here is a pretty great photo of me from a rave that I went to on Saturday! I didn't take the photo buy the guy who did, Manny Dan , is pretty cool!

Ignore my atrocious pose >.<
You got enough beads on your wrists? Razz

Looks like you had fun!
Alex wrote:
Flowers by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

I've tried portraits a few times, but I am having a hard time working with people for my photography, and I like my landscape shots much, much more than anything with people in it. Having said that, I really like your shot, especially the composition. I wouldn't have consciously noticed the highlights on the rocks without you mentioning them, but they are a nice touch and definitely add to the image. I would, however, like to see a version of this shot with less contrast in the background. The way all this light and shadow play is mixing behind your model distracts from the composition, and there is no place to "rest" your eyes. I would either attempt significantly increasing the blur, depending on your lens that might add a beautiful bokeh effect; or I would try decreasing the intensity of the shadows. I am unsure how the latter might work, perhaps you'd need some advanced lighting directed at the trees, or attempt another composite image (which, by the way, I do not think disqualifies a photograph as "proper". A composite image is just a way of combining multiple aspects of a scene into one image).
I’ll see what I can do, I thought it was low contrast but I’ll go lower and see how it looks.

I honestly hate shooting people as well, I’m not a people person and don’t like posing people, though I’m getting better. It helps to photograph friends who you can be comfortable around. I can get fix her hair, move her hands, etc etc.

I shot this at 35mm f/1.4, but want to do it again with my 85mm f/1.8. The added focal distance will help compress the background and blur it more. And yeah, I wouldn’t purposely take two photos and composite it and pass it off as a photo. I’d post in the Photoshop thread at that point. I made the exception here because the subject and scene are still one photo (I just took parts of it and fixed the rocks), but I wouldn’t put the subject in a new scene and call it a photograph. I like to point out when I composite because I hate it when other photographers edit their shots with other elements and still call it a photograph; I never take a photo into photoshop unless I have composite/creative ideas beyond Lightroom.

I’m looking forward to seeing the results if you ever photograph people
Nice picture Pieman! Very Happy
Its been a while, so I decided I might as well post some of my recent pictures.

Found this Bachelors Button on a hike:

Took apart an old computer and decided to take a few macro photos:

All taken on an iPhone 7.
Sorry for the gigantic pics
I can't wait to go back to California honestly!

This was taken on Venice Beach. I edited it to make the crash of the waves stand out a lot more.

And these were taken off the side of the road, somewhere along Highway 1 but I'm not actually sure exactly where. Edited to make the colors pop more, which I always like as long as it's never overdone.

I am also in the process of setting up a print shop with a few of these photos and other ones Very Happy I am not sure about advertising it here though.
I'm excited to see that you're still going through photos from your trip, looking forward to seeing more!

Give me some heads up next time you'll be around the SF Bay Area and I'll take some time off work! Smile Or heck, even LA or something; a road trip is always good Wink
Alex wrote:
Also, tangentially on topic. I'll be practicing some videography soon, I'm going start with a video of me washing my car and I already have an idea for a more scripted video.

The car wash video was a dud. I have the footage but will not do anything with it.
I've already forgotten what the scripted video was.

Meanwhile, I've shot two video gigs this month. One was a corporate panel chat about an a product/service. I had two cameras for that and realized pretty fast I needed to up my audio capture game. So I've gone down that rabbit hole.

The second video was this past weekend where I video taped a high school friend doing stand up comedy, he was already recording for his album and loved the thought of having video too. I had three cameras and will be receiving the dedicated audio recording from the audio guy. His set up was insane and total overkill for what I am looking to get. He had a mixer, a laptop, some extra boards, and other electronics. I'm stoked over the production quality and hoping my video can live up to that (probably not, but that is OK!)

I think only RogerWilco was interested originally and obviously won't be posting much about my videography ventures in this topic but just wanted to touch back on this. I'll probably circle back again once the videos get uploaded.
Alex wrote:
I think only RogerWilco was interested originally and obviously won't be posting much about my videography ventures in this topic but just wanted to touch back on this. I'll probably circle back again once the videos get uploaded.

I am interested about all of your ventures!! <3
Went on vacation a weekend ago and of course had to take photos. The overcast weather made for some phenomenal lighting for these photos. We wanted to do something creative for a while, so I had the dyes shipped before the vacation and a few props (like the glasses) as well. Throwing dyes at each other was so much fun and many good laughs. Next time we want to play with paint and get more people involved; throwing dye, pressing the shutter, and trying to time the slo-mo was just too much for the two of us. Having 2+ people throw dyes, while a third shot video, and I pressed the camera shutter would have been so much better.

Bombshell by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Be U by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Shot these next two photos between rain storms. I shot most of these with my 85mm but switched to my 35mm for the second one. I was using the 85mm because I've been thinking about buying a telephoto lens, perhaps the 135mm or a 200mm, and the 85mm is the narrowest prime lens I have. I loved shooting portraits with it and it helped me understand why I'd want a narrower lens like the 135mm; being able to limit the background is incredible. Shooting too wide, like with a 35mm, introduced some wholes in the tree canopy and branches that the sky could show through, so I (admittedly) had to clone that out.

Flip It by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Meh by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Went and photographed a car last night. The Challenger Hell Cat Edition. Ohhman. This thing as so much power and it sounds so perfect. After getting back in my car, I was just so underwhelmed with the acceleration. The Hellcat was able to squeal tires in pretty much any gear and I fell in love. It's never a car I'd buy but holy cow. I've only ever experienced that level of fun in a Tesla and it was insane to feel that same exhilarating experience in a muscle car.

I really tried to isolate the car from the background by shooting as open as I could (85mm @ 1.4) and the background just wasn't blurry enough. So I embraced it and went with an f/16 aperture to bring out the star bursts we have here. I think it's a tad overboard but it's really cool.

Stars by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 40 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours