calclover, you can write to Ans like it is a regular appvar. Just use the name "7200" (with squishing).
It would still be cool if ICE did this automatically.

EDIT: apparently you can just use 'Ans'. This also works with other vars.
commandblockguy wrote:
calclover, you can write to Ans like it is a regular appvar. Just use the name "7200" (with squishing).

This doesn't work.
It just creates an appvar named "r"
Huh, it worked for me. Maybe you are using the appvar type rather than string or real?
commandblockguy wrote:
Huh, it worked for me. Maybe you are using the appvar type rather than string or real?

OpenVar('Ans',"r",0
Should work, but you'll probably need to figure out what variable type Ans is Razz

EDIT: use type 4 if you need Ans as a string.
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:

OpenVar('Ans',"r",0
Should work, but you'll probably need to figure out what variable type Ans is Razz

So, I am using
:sum(2,'Ans',"r",0)->SLOT
:sum(4,Str0,length(Str0),1,SLOT

Str0 contains the icon's data converted in my DCS 9 Icon Creator (in ICE), and it's supposed to write Str0 to SLOT, but when I check Ans, nothing's there. It says 'Undefined'
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
commandblockguy wrote:

OpenVar('Ans',"r",0

So, I am using
:sum(2,'Ans',"r",0)->SLOT
:sum(4,Str0,length(Str0),1,SLOT

Str0 contains the icon's data converted in my DCS 9 Icon Creator (in ICE), and it's supposed to write Str0 to SLOT, but when I check Ans, nothing's there. It says 'Undefined'

"r" does reading, "w" does writing.
Also, read my edit, use var type 4.
You are opening Ans as a real. Use type 4 to make it a string.
OpenVar('Ans',"w",4)
Please clarify your tilemap documentation. First off, I completely misunderstood what a tilemap/tileset was. I thought you could just focus on part of a spritesheet and only draw that area. It'd be nice if you could squash that thinking right off the bat! Razz
A few other issues: You're missing a comma in the code part. Also, "The other arguments should be straightforward" is false. I had no idea what draw_height/width, type_width/height, nor x,y meant. Even if you copy directly from the C equivalent of the defineTilemap command, it would be a lot nicer than the current explanation.

Also, please specify which example program includes tilemaps (the worlds hardest game). Wink
Simple, yet elegant suggestion:

Code:

ReturnGoto LABEL

Basically returning and then jumping to LABEL

This would be incredibly useful for functions requiring multiple return points.
Simple, yet elegant suggestion:

Code:

ReturnGoto LABEL

Basically returning and then jumping to LABEL

This would be incredibly useful for functions requiring multiple return points.

I fail to see how this is elegant at all. That's not how control flow works.
What would be incredibly useful is scaling sprites, text, and other things by a decimal number, such as det(74, 1.5,1.5).
I was wondering if you could scale the number of programs that are being shown in the compiler.

can you only show program with
"[i] PRGMNAME :"
*: represent a new line

not just
"[i]:"
I was wondering if you could make a program run command to make it simple for the Developers when running a program in ICE

PgrmRun("PRGMNAME","TYPE")

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours