» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pictures from my recent Polaroid photo pack! Very Happy

And yes... I did misspell "lilies" on the third one. Razz
Those came out really well! I love the Bee Balms because of the depth! Keep them coming!
Alex wrote:
Those came out really well! I love the Bee Balms because of the depth! Keep them coming!

Thank you! I will! Very Happy
Went out to the coast again but this time we stayed close to the city and photographed the boardwalk instead of going further up the coast to photograph stars.

Movement by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
That looks amazing! Very Happy
Thanks! I wasn't really feeling the location but my buddy took an incredible shot from this spot so I decided to try it out. His photo was more at eye level so I wanted to take a different approach; we can't have tripods at the boardwalk so I decided to use the sand to position the camera and used that opportunity to take a long exposure (5 seconds).

We got a few other photos that night. I'm re-editing one photo because I think it's too dark. Will post that one in a few days.
I really like that photo, but would be... less than willing to go on the gondola ride if that was the actual speed Rolling Eyes

A lot of photos done like that seem to be focused on the subject immediately in front of them (in this case, the sand), but I like how this one focuses more on the center, where both the sand and the boardwalk are, it almost draws your eye up into the motion (which, judging by the title, is the point of the photo).
Alex wrote:
Thanks! I wasn't really feeling the location but my buddy took an incredible shot from this spot so I decided to try it out. His photo was more at eye level so I wanted to take a different approach; we can't have tripods at the boardwalk so I decided to use the sand to position the camera and used that opportunity to take a long exposure (5 seconds).

We got a few other photos that night. I'm re-editing one photo because I think it's too dark. Will post that one in a few days.

That's so cool! I should try more long exposures. Very Happy

Speaking of long exposures, I recently got some of the re-issued Ektachrome slide film from Kodak. I would try to get fireworks pictures with that when July 4th rolls around, but I only have one 35mm camera body and I don't have enough time to pick up a second one anywhere (I want to keep my main body free for shooting negative film).
EDIT: That shot is amazing, Alex!

I took a trip along the west coast for the first time at the end of June. These are all shot on my Canon Rebel T4i.

A cargo ship comes into San Francisco from the pacific.

Lower Yosemite Falls, with a bit more snowmelt coming down off the mountains than usual.

Mt Rainier, which I captured out of the car window, coming into Seattle.

These are only 3 of hundreds/thousands of photos I took between LA and Seattle, but overall it was quite a fun road trip. Enjoyed camping too.
Those are stunning! Very Happy
The Yosemite photo has phenomenal color and framing!
I love it.

Went to the boardwalk with a friend. This is a composite and not a 100% true photograph but posting it here anyways.

Also, tangentially on topic. I'll be practicing some videography soon, I'm going start with a video of me washing my car and I already have an idea for a more scripted video.
Alex wrote:

Went to the boardwalk with a friend. This is a composite and not a 100% true photograph but posting it here anyways.

Also, tangentially on topic. I'll be practicing some videography soon, I'm going start with a video of me washing my car and I already have an idea for a more scripted video.

Nice picture! I look forward to seeing your videography Very Happy
Thanks!

Both videos will likely be around 2-3 minutes as it's more for practice than anything. The scripted one will be the hardest but I'm going to try and write it with as little dialogue as possible so I can just dub sounds over top and figure out a project with audio and dialogue later.

I've done this basic flower video and the Cemetech April Fools prank video but started realizing I wanna try my hand with video more. I'll be using 3-4 cameras for the car wash video and plan on shooting that tomorrow.

It'll help me learn how to color match clips, something I utterly failed at with the flower video, while also working with more than two camera angles.

The April Fools Prank video was just one camera but I dubbed the whole thing. I shot about 2 minutes of outside noise and overlaid it on top of the video then recorded the dialogue through a headphones.

I have a third video I wanna do where it's me doing yard work and it'll help me learn how to do close ups and stuff. Probably have a camera dedicated to a super wide shot, a second camera to a tighter shot and third camera for the close up stuff. The car wash video will have the same camera setup but with maybe a fourth inside the car.

Sorry, details that no one asked for. Very Happy
I'm not super big into photography myself but I do have a few favorites that I have randomly taken over the years. A while back during my 8th grade field trip to DC we were on our way to Mount Vernon (I think) in the morning and as we were going up a hill the Potomac River looked stunning so I quickly took a picture on my iPhone 5s and it was instantly my phone's background.

In high school I photoshopped the water droplets out of the picture but I still prefer the original for some reason.
That is an incredible shot, the colors are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
I loved the details, Alex. Very Happy

That's a beautiful picture! Very Happy
Alex,

That last one needs multiple exposures. You likely underexposed it to avoid clipping pixels around the lights. But now everything else is too dark. I think you got it right in the second to last picture you posted.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Alex,

That last one needs multiple exposures. You likely underexposed it to avoid clipping pixels around the lights. But now everything else is too dark.

I agree, I originally just wanted to take some snapshots to see what the angle would look like and I could come back and get some properly planned shots with a flash and all that jazz. I didn't expect to actually ever upload any of the photos I took at this spot. We only visited the boardwalk with minimal gear since they wouldn't permit us to bring tripods or a flash but since this area is not part of the boardwalk we can actually setup some gear.

Below is a side-by-side of the two photos I composited. There are ZERO lights behind us so even when it was overexposed my friend was pretty dark, and when "properly" exposed, all bets are off. I just really liked the pose from the overexposed shot so that's what I brought over. Brought over some of the edge highlights on my friend and some of the surrounding light on the tracks so he stood out more and then just pushed the vibrance. Haha.

When we go back I want to get more movement from the rides in the shot and of course bring a flash so it's not so punchy and contrasty.

Quote:
I think you got it right in the second to last picture you posted.

The ski-lift type ride was super easy; there was plenty of light in the scene to light the foreground and the last light in the sky helped keep the image relatively nice. If I took that photo at the same hour as the one of my friend, it wouldn't have been nearly as good since the dark black sky and the super bright lights would have made for an extremely contrasty image. The gondolas probably wouldn't have shown up as well either.
Did you edit your post? For some reason when I look at it now I really like it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 39 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours