8%  [ 2 ]
Quick races
 8%  [ 2 ]
Tuning
 20%  [ 5 ]
Other (post below)
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

You have to define variables before you can use them. You can do that like this:

Code:
void main() {
   int i;
   for(i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
      gfx_Begin();
      gfx_FillScreen(255);
   }
}

The "int" part tells the compiler what data type i is. Other types include gfx_sprite_t, float, uint8_t (for single-byte values), uint24_t (for unsigned integers), and pointers (e.g. int* ).
You should not use SourceCoder. It is horribly outdated.
Could I do something like:

Code:
void main () {
    int i, j, k = 0;
}

to declare more than one variable at a time? In this case, i , j, and k would all be stored as 0.
You can do:

Code:
int i = 0;
int j = 0;
int k = 0;

People who assign variables on a single line are asking for trouble.

Or you can do:

Code:
int i, j, k;
i = j = k = 0;
Reminds me of this, you should frame it, it's an important piece of advice:

MateoConLechuga wrote:
Functions don't magically declare variables.
I've been trying to install the C developer kit by Mateo on my computer for a while now (an hour or so), but I've been having some issues. I installed by downloading the windowsCEdev.exe file from Github and running the executable.

When I go into the hello_world example, or any example for that matter, it always produces the following error:

Code:
makefile:15: /include/.makefile: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/include/.makefile'. Stop.

Also, is there a free IDE that would be good for coding in C for the TI 84 Plus CE?

As always, thanks for your help, and thanks for your assistance thus far.
epsilon5 wrote:
I've been trying to install the C developer kit by Mateo on my computer for a while now (an hour or so), but I've been having some issues. I installed by downloading the windowsCEdev.exe file from Github and running the executable.

When I go into the hello_world example, or any example for that matter, it always produces the following error:

Code:
makefile:15: /include/.makefile: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/include/.makefile'. Stop.

Also, is there a free IDE that would be good for coding in C for the TI 84 Plus CE?

As always, thanks for your help, and thanks for your assistance thus far.

Visual Studio Code is a good IDE.
If I can't get the C stuff working soon, this is going to have to be an ICE project, at least temporarily. I haven't figured out how to fix the developer kit yet, and without that, I'm not really sure what to do.

And yes, I've tried both Sourcecoder and TI-planet's online C IDEs, but neither seems to recognize Mateo's libraries, so they're both pretty much useless (unless there is another library I could use). So there's the update.

However, it would be fine if this was an ICE project. I'm familiar with it, and as stated earlier, it's a lot easier for me to edit on calc than on a computer. But I would like to get C working anyway... I guess we'll have to see how things play out.
09:09 <MateoC> epsilon5: You need admin privileges to install it
09:10 <MateoC> If that doesn't work, add a new User Enviornment variable called CEDEV with the value of the CEdev directory on disk, e.g. "C:\CEdev"

Also make sure there are no spaces in the path you install it to, just to be safe.

Also, the reason it isn't seeing libraries is because you aren't doing things like:

Code:
#include <graphx.h>
#include <keypadc.h>
#include <fileioc.h>

Don't blame the tools; blame your code Wink
No, I have been doing that. Check out the source code I posted earlier on this page for proof. The issue is, can I use the names of the commands as they are stated in the Standard C libraries, or do I have to use them in another way?
Just fix your local installation first. It's a single step to add a Windows Environment Variable.

https://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-addedit-environment-variables-in-windows-7

I guess the library issue is that the online tool is using a toolchain version from 2017.
Day 3 of trying to install the C stuff:

I made the environment variable entitled CEDEV with the address as the location of the CEdev folder on disk, but now I get the following error when I try to compile the included hello_world example:

It says:

Code:
C CE SDK Version 8.5

Then my computer freezes for a second, and gives me the message that "ez80cc.exe has stopped working".

When I go back to the command prompt, I get the following error message:

Code:
make: *** [obj/main.src] Error -1073741819

This is getting to be quite vexing. I really want to make some stuff for DR1VE, but I can't because of the C installation issues. You all have been extremely helpful so far, and I feel like it's close to working. But I really do need help again. Sorry for my ignorance.

EDIT- I don't know if this will help, but here are the problem details.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   ez80cc.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4ee77814
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_0a93
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   00000000
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   6330387a
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   0a93
  Additional Information 2:   0a93d4dc8b52e4293c6412941ec699fe
  Additional Information 3:   a466
  Additional Information 4:   a46638d0902048a75b3c1538b3e88c07

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
PT_- You asked if I added the bin path to my PATH variable. I assume this is an environment variable that I have to make. What should the path be?
epsilon5 wrote:
PT_- You asked if I added the bin path to my PATH variable. I assume this is an environment variable that I have to make. What should the path be?

Assuming the files got properly extracted, you can follow the instructions for Linux, which can be found here. This page describes how to setup your environment variables.
That error code is related to Windows UAC. You obviously do not have permissions to run objects in the installed CEdev directory.

You need to have administrator permissions to execute those files in the CEdev/bin directory, since an administrator created them.

You could have avoided this by not installing *on* an administrator account, but rather running the installer *as* an administrator.
Could I fix this by reinstalling as an administrator, then creating the variables and paths (still on the admin account)?
You need to allow programs in CEdev/bin to be run by people who aren't administrators. However you do that is up to you.
Could I make my account the owner of the CEDEV folder?
Okay, another request. I really need some feedback on physics, namely how the acceleration and shifting feel, as well as distance. These will be vital for DR1VE. Here’s some stuff the current physics system can do:

From my CC22 DR0VE development:
Quote:
So right now, the program can take an acceleration and top speed value and calculate the shift locations based on the number of gears. It will also calculate the current RPM of the engine and stop acceleration once you reach 8000 RPM (until you shift), at which point the RPM will drop. Downshifting is working as well. Finally, it will penalize you for trying to shift too early.

This will work for any top speed and current gears value, by the way. Here’s the full DR0VE development thread:
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15651&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

Since then, I also configured timers and made some code that can calculate how far the car has traveled in each running of the main loop based on its speed. All of this is in DR0VE. Please, download it and tell me what you think. Post your feedback here in this thread.

Download DR0VE here:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/84pce/asm/games/DR0VEversion1.1.0.zip

And as always, thank you all for your continued support.
Progress update (still in ICE, working on the C rewrite) for today. This is mostly prototypical stuff, but it’s all working, which is good.

- in the garage, the menus have been reworked. Now, when scrolling through, the program recognizes the arrow key being pressed, and then waits for it to be released before scrolling, instead of a “Pause 150” style system. This means that if you press fast, the response will be near instantaneous. Also, when you press enter, this uses the same system. It will highlight blue until you release enter, and then advance to the next screen. This will eliminate a problem that DR0VE had in which you can advance by all the menus by holding down enter.
- worked on the garage stats menu. It can now graph the acceleration curve of your car.
- I figured out how to read all the car stats from and appvar, as well as their names.

I’ll post screenshots if anyone wants me to.

Oh, and about the feedback. I will give alpha access of DR1VE to the first three people who download DR0VE and post legitimate and honest feedback about its physics system either in this forum or in a review on the downloads page, as well as a mention in DR1VE’s in game credits and the credits in the readme.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours