I am hosting a building contest that starts tonight, 6/14/19, at 10 p.m. EST (approximately an hour from now). Contestants must build a tiny house within one of the plots that I have laid out in my community center, built in the Black Market (located at 240, 9, 655). To enter, put your name on one of the "unclaimed plot" signs in front of a plot. There are 10 entries available, first come first serve. One entry per person. You have until 10 p.m. EST on 6/21/19 to complete your build.

Tiny houses contain all the amenities of regular houses, but are much smaller. I want you to make a small base in Minecraft, with all the things you would keep in a regular sized base. Get as creative as you want!

Rules:
-Plots are 5 x 7, and you must build an exterior shell, so you have 3 x 5 to build in. The plots are 7 tall, and a floor and roof must be included.
-You may not break any blocks that you did not place. This includes the already existing floor and roof. You must build on top of what is already in place.
-Builds will be judged on functionality and aesthetics. Include as many functional pieces as you want, but it should also be a comfortable base to live in. An example has been provided at the contest site.

Builds will be judged by me a week from now. 1st place will win a shulker box full of goodies: Enchanted diamond armor, tools, and weapons, including elytra, as well as 25 diamonds. 2nd place will receive 15 diamonds, and 3rd place 10 diamonds.
So you are not allowed to dig under the floor to place redstone? This limits functionality significantly.
ACagliano wrote:
So you are not allowed to dig under the floor to place redstone? This limits functionality significantly.

Yes, the challenge is to fit as much as you can into a small space. This means making compromises on functionality.
The contest is over and I have judged the builds! Here are the results:

3rd place (tie): Amper5and and XpGamer24

Both of these builds were pleasing to the eye and felt roomy inside, and I could definitely live comfortably in them. The reason they came in 3rd behind the others was mostly a lack of additional features. However, both these builds included an ender chest, furnace, crafting table, bed, and crop plot.

XpGamer24 and Amper5and both recieved 10 diamonds.

2nd place: icybeckacrafter

This base was very visually pleasing, and I really like the color scheme of dark prismarine brick and dark oak. Although it did not have a crop plot, it did have a furnace with hoppers setup, crafting table, infinite water source, brewing stand, bed, anvil, ender chest and additional storage.

icybeckacrafter wins 15 diamonds. I have placed them in the chest in the top loft of your tiny house.

1st place: GregsAStar

GregsAStar's base took things up a notch. In addition to having everything the previous bases contained, it had mini automatic carrot/potato farms and a brewing stand. The top floor was constructed out of shulker boxes for additional storage, which was a nice touch. Greg also used a tricky building mechanic to give himself more space: He put trapdoors on the outside of blocks so that they would act like outside walls while really pushing the build into a wider area. Although this was technically against the rules, other builds also stuck out into the surrounding area as well so I let it fly considering how neat the build was.

GregAStar received a shulker box full of goodies including enchanted diamond armor, tools, weapons, an elytra, and 25 diamonds.

Screenshots of GregAStar's build:

Honorable mention to _iPhoenix_, whose base was impractical but whose bribe was extremely tempting to the judge.

Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated! You have at least 3 days to tear down your builds, and after that I will clear them away.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours