Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I recently bought a used TI-Nspire CX off of Amazon. The charging port was bent (I didn't realize it at first) and while taking the cord out, the metal part of the charger cord split.

Because we're returning the calculator, I was debating whether to get a TI-Nspire CX ii CAS or stick with getting another TI-Nspire CX. What are the differences (besides of course the 'CAS' and the faster processor or whatever) and is the TI-Nspire CX ii CAS 'better' than the TI-Nspire CX (CAS)?
Its basically just that, better processor and a CAS. There are a few small features added to the OS like having sliders on your graphscreen to play with the parameters in functions and some drawing commands like DrawLine.
I would definitely buy a TI-Nspire CX ii CAS over a TI-Nspire CX because a CAS is really the main reason to buy an nspire in the first place (taking into account that they are almost the same price anyway).
I haven't seen this first hand, but from what I've heard from the ti-planet people (who tested out some prototypes 3 months ago), the new processor makes a noticeable difference (approx 50% faster).
mr womp womp wrote:
Its basically just that, better processor and a CAS. There are a few small features added to the OS like having sliders on your graphscreen to play with the parameters in functions and some drawing commands like DrawLine.
I would definitely buy a TI-Nspire CX ii CAS over a TI-Nspire CX because a CAS is really the main reason to buy an nspire in the first place (taking into account that they are almost the same price anyway).
I haven't seen this first hand, but from what I've heard from the ti-planet people (who tested out some prototypes 3 months ago), the new processor makes a noticeable difference (approx 50% faster).


Can the nspire cx ii cas run programs from the nspire cx (cas), like the ones found here?
Calcuon wrote:
Can the nspire cx ii cas run programs from the nspire cx (cas), like the ones found here?

Some yes, others no. Games that require Ndless won't work on the TI-Nspire CX ii CAS. It might be a matter of time before Ndless is available on the new gen calcs, but it might never come. I would asume that TI took some more steps to block it as has been customary with every new software release. There's been a bit of a cat-and-mouse game between TI and the nspire community with TI consistently trying to get rid of Ndless and the Ndless team always finding clever ways to circumvent those efforts. Others should be compatible, but because of the new commands that have been added, I suspect new programs won't be backwards compatible with the 1st gen Nspires. Its still unclear whether or not the new software features will be added to the 1st gen Nspires.
mr womp womp wrote:
Calcuon wrote:
Can the nspire cx ii cas run programs from the nspire cx (cas), like the ones found here?

Some yes, others no. Games that require Ndless won't work on the TI-Nspire CX ii CAS. It might be a matter of time before Ndless is available on the new gen calcs, but it might never come. I would asume that TI took some more steps to block it as has been customary with every new software release. There's been a bit of a cat-and-mouse game between TI and the nspire community with TI consistently trying to get rid of Ndless and the Ndless team always finding clever ways to circumvent those efforts. Others should be compatible, but because of the new commands that have been added, I suspect new programs won't be backwards compatible with the 1st gen Nspires. Its still unclear whether or not the new software features will be added to the 1st gen Nspires.


Thanks. That's sort of a game changer. I'll be grabbing the nspire cx then because the gameboy advance emulator will be my only source of consistent "gaming."

[edit: oh joy the entire forum is in french]
Calcuon wrote:
Thanks. That's sort of a game changer. I'll be grabbing the nspire cx then because the gameboy advance emulator will be my only source of consistent "gaming."

Alrighty, just make sure you get one that's not brand new because I don't think Ndless is compatible with OS 4.5.1.
Calcuon wrote:
[edit: oh joy the entire forum is in french]

Yeah, they are mostly from France.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement