[ICE Commands 2.2 is now in the archives! Click to download!]

Latest Gif In Post:
ICE Commands 2.1 update post

As a side-side project of mine (On the side of GOGOL which is on the side of Epic Adventure), I decided to put the ICE command list onto the TI-84+CE so the true on-calc coding experience is possible. I also decided to add the keys/colors list as well, as they may prove useful.
To get the command list I wrote a simple data scraper for the ICE documentation file "commands.html" that could take one section of commands at a time and spit out a format that can be hard-coded into the program. It even deals with the special formats of the Graphics/Fileioc section, but again, in a hard-coded way.

Command List:

Color List:

Edit: Key List

Todo List:
►1. Find and squash bugs (If any)
Finished Items On Todo List:
► Add a button/key map of the calculator
► Release program
► Improve GUI
Suggestion: for the colors, have their base 10 equivalent as well, since those are what are most used in ICE programming
SM84CE wrote:
Suggestion: for the colors, have their base 10 equivalent as well, since those are what are most used in ICE programming

Sure!
Nice! Did you pick 151 on purpose or by accident? Because that's like, my signature color Very Happy
SM84CE wrote:
Nice! Did you pick 151 on purpose or by accident? Because that's like, my signature color Very Happy

I picked it by accident, cool coincidence!
I am currently in the process of redesigning the UI for ICE Commands 2.0! Nothing will change in terms of functionality, but the UI will (hopefully) look better.

Edit: The redesign is complete, but I'm still open to criticism/feedback. I removed the progress screenshots to be replaced with the gif below. Also, the unused "subtitle" feature is now displayed for each section.
Neat utility! I think I like the redesign layout but I don't really care for the background. If you were going for a gradient background you need to rework your graphics to allow for custom palettes for it to look good.
I saw at one point a command that was too long and was clipped off the screen. Do you think you can detect that and either just show the command (I can't always recognize commands by only seeing their arguments) or word wrap, horizontally scroll, or shrink the font so we can see the full command?
Lastly, can you make the loading indicator smaller and put it in a corner? Personally I find it distracting/ jarring when a large part of the screen changes like that especially if I'm in 'the programming zone' Razz

Great work so far, I can't wait for you to release it!
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Neat utility! I think I like the redesign layout but I don't really care for the background. If you were going for a gradient background you need to rework your graphics to allow for custom palettes for it to look good.
I saw at one point a command that was too long and was clipped off the screen. Do you think you can detect that and either just show the command (I can't always recognize commands by only seeing their arguments) or word wrap, horizontally scroll, or shrink the font so we can see the full command?
Lastly, can you make the loading indicator smaller and put it in a corner? Personally I find it distracting/ jarring when a large part of the screen changes like that especially if I'm in 'the programming zone' Razz

Great work so far, I can't wait for you to release it!

Thanks, I took your feedback into account and will release ICE Commands 2.1 asap!
The background now has dithering rather than a gradient

Longer commands are now shortened and have a "....." placed at the end

A loading indicator is now displayed at the top right of the screen Wink

Edit: In ICE Commands 2.2 the speed has increased for leaving the command menu. I was unnecessarily redrawing a word-wrapped version of the command and description (word-wrap is a lot slower) without swapping buffers, but that has been fixed.
This is what I had in mind when I wrote my review. Looking good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours