Here is a screenshot of my latest project, Bejeweled CE, demonstrating some of it's features:

DOWNLOAD [STABLE, v4.11.29]
Current version: v4.11.29

Color Codes:
    Lime Green = Complete/Released
    Dark Green = Complete/Unreleased/Untested
    Yellow = Upcoming/Possible
    Orange = Upcoming/Improbable
    Red = Incomplete/In progress
    Dark Red = Not started/Upcoming Feature

To Do:
    Implement Actual Gameplay - COMPLETE
    Add Animations - COMPLETE
    Add Start Menu - COMPLETE
    Add Scoring System - COMPLETE
    Add Game Modes - COMPLETE
    Add High Score System - COMPLETE
    Add Option to Continue Game - COMPLETE
    Fix Flame Gem Detonation Bug - COMPLETE
    Add Game Over Detection - COMPLETE
    Add Move Hints - COMPLETE
    Update Flame Gem to include square matching - COMPLETE
    Add DarkSphere - COMPLETE
    Add HyperCube "Annihilation" Move - COMPLETE
    Add Star Gem - COMPLETE
    Better Icon - COMPLETE
    Fix Flame Gem Detonation - COMPLETE
    Upgrade Hypercube - COMPLETE
    Add Better Level Changing Animation - COMPLETE
    ▪ Add Swapping Two Power Gems Together - UPCOMING
    ▪ Add Power Gem Chain Reactions - UPCOMING

P.S.
This game is stable and (hopefully) free of bugs.
Please feel free to report any bugs that you find and I will fix them as soon as possible.
Thanks.
Wow looks great! Very colourful. Love the backgrounds too Smile.
What game modes are you adding?
Pretty sweet! Is that using a custom palette? It looks kin of blocky in the backgrounds, or maybe that's just scaling?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Pretty sweet! Is that using a custom palette? It looks kin of blocky in the backgrounds, or maybe that's just scaling?

All the images use the default ICE/xLibC (8-bit) color palette.
The background is half-resolution (160*120, scaled 2x), as full-resolution (320*240) doesn't fit in an AppVar.
For the background, I used Photoshop to edit it before converting, which is why is is even recognizable and I can't figure out how to use a custom palette Razz.
For all the other sprites, I drew them on-calc.

RandomGuest wrote:
What game modes are you adding?

The basic modes, Classic and Endless.
Unfortunately, Puzzle Mode involves too much pattern detection for ICE to easily handle.
Because of this, it will not be implemented any time soon.
If I feel like programming for 6 weeks straight, I might get it done Razz.
Yeah you can see they are half-res backgrounds, but they look good imo Smile. Do you have any animated screenshots?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Yeah you can see they are half-res backgrounds, but they look good imo Smile. Do you have any animated screenshots?

Yes Razz
Your update got accepted so I think this deserves a bump! My initial impression are very good: The game runs a lot quicker than I expected, the graphics are fantastic, and I like the control scheme! One question, I think I remember a game mode where you only had a minute or so to get the highest score however I didn't see that game mode in this port, is it implemented or am I thinking of some obscure version of Bejeweled?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Your update got accepted so I think this deserves a bump! My initial impression are very good: The game runs a lot quicker than I expected, the graphics are fantastic, and I like the control scheme!

Thanks Smile

TheLastMillennial wrote:
One question, I think I remember a game mode where you only had a minute or so to get the highest score however I didn't see that game mode in this port, is it implemented or am I thinking of some obscure version of Bejeweled?

This mode is only one of the many modes that are currently NOT implemented (and the program is probably too big at this point to implement any more modes)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours