I posted a few new ones on Omnimaga:
http://www.omnimaga.org/casio-prizm/secret-debug-menu/msg378518/#msg378518
I don't even know why they put a "Password" field in the user name thing, if the password is stored in plain text (would a simple hashing algo do much harm, really?) and now there's even a key combo to delete the user information (and its history). It's almost as if they wanted to get to know people's passwords when the calculators go under repairs.

(BTW, the next release of Utilities will allow for reading the password and the user info log, so if all you want is to know your password, you'll no longer have to go hunting for the Password reader add-in; for Basic programs, you'll still need it)
Quote:
... and now there's even a key combo to delete the user information (and its history). It's almost as if they wanted to get to know people's passwords when the calculators go under repairs.

I believe they added this function because some people sent their calculators to the Casio support.

Quote:
BTW, the next release of Utilities will allow for reading the [user] password ...

Here is the essential source code:

Code:

#define NOR_PASSWD_AREA         0x80BE0000
#define NOR_USER_AREA           0x80C00000

typedef unsigned char           uchar;
typedef unsigned long           ulong;

ulong addr;

for (addr = NOR_PASSWD_AREA; addr < NOR_USER_AREA; addr += 0x40) {
    if (*(ulong *)addr != 0x0FFFFFFF) { // search first unused entry
        if (addr > NOR_PASSWD_AREA && *(uchar *)(addr - 0x14) != '\0') {
            // last entry contains a password (8 bytes)
            // first byte is checked in the 'if' condition
        }
        break;
    }
}
Yes, and you can also use Insight to look in the 0x80BE0000 area (scroll until you find the last entry).
TeamFX wrote:
There is a better way now if you have OS 1.04 or 2.00 installed:

- Turn the calculator off
- Press [F2]+[Cursor_Up]+[AC/ON]
- When the pop-up appears, press [9]

This will delete any user name setting instantly.

I tried doing this on mg CG50 but it didn't work, it said press F1 and it still needed the password, I tried pressing 9 and it opened Conic Graphs.... please help me I'm supposed to give this calculator back to someone
How can I delete my account?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours