I've updated the documentation! Everything can be found on the Github Wiki, and everything will be converted into a single HTML documentation, replacing the old pdf file. Check it out, I'd love to hear feedback! Smile

Download ICE Compiler
Woohoo PT_! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Keep up the good work.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all these awesome updates. SetBrightness(), Compare() [woohoo, string comparing is finally here], and all the others. I got to keep myself together, and start adding these syntaxes into my programs!
In ICE, how could I make a rotation code. Let's say I wanted to be a dot on a screen, and I wanted another pixel to rotate in a circle, no matter where my coordinates were on the calculator screen (x 0-320 and y 0-240)? I want to make a raycasting engine in ICE but first I want to have a player be able to turn in a circle so I can then add pixels as walls for a wall collision. Can anyone please help??
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
In ICE, how could I make a rotation code. Let's say I wanted to be a dot on a screen, and I wanted another pixel to rotate in a circle, no matter where my coordinates were on the calculator screen (x 0-320 and y 0-240)? I want to make a raycasting engine in ICE but first I want to have a player be able to turn in a circle so I can then add pixels as walls for a wall collision. Can anyone please help??

That might be hard. I have already attempted doing something similar and what you want to do is find all the coordinates for all 360 angles, which is easy in BASIC, but since ICE has 255 degrees instead of 360, and the fact ICE doesn't allow negative numbers (well, there ARE ways to simulate them), AND no fractions, makes your job challenging. I'm sure there are ways to do this in ICE, and best of luck, in finding out how! Smile
I have a new question that was probably answered somewhere a gazillion times: how can I make a battery checker in ICE, like I want code for it so could anyone help me?
=mini E

Asm(CDB00300320008E3
*{E30800}→BLEVEL
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,224
Else
det(2,255
End
det(35,3,5,13,10
det(2,7)
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,255
det(36,4,6,12,8
End
If BLEVEL=2
det(36,4,6,3,8
End
If BLEVEL=3
det(36,4,6,6,8
End
If BLEVEL=4
det(36,4,6,12,8
End
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,224)
Else
det(2,255)
End
det(36,15,7,3,6
Is there any updates to the ICE Compiler?
Justin wrote:
=mini E

Asm(CDB00300320008E3
*{E30800}→BLEVEL
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,224
Else
det(2,255
End
det(35,3,5,13,10
det(2,7)
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,255
det(36,4,6,12,8
End
If BLEVEL=2
det(36,4,6,3,8
End
If BLEVEL=3
det(36,4,6,6,8
End
If BLEVEL=4
det(36,4,6,12,8
End
If BLEVEL=1
det(2,224)
Else
det(2,255)
End
det(36,15,7,3,6

Might I ask why this was posted?
EDIT: Okay, just please put a question or some sort of explanation in your post.
I wanted a battery checker in ICE. I couldn't figure it out so I asked. If it is a problem only an "I'm sorry" is all I could say. But really, I did need help
How can I save ":" into a program, like:
:":"->Str0
:sum(0)
:sum(2,"AAAAA","w",5)
:sum(2,"AAAAA","r",5)->A
:sum(4,Str0,length(str0),1,A
:sum(0

But, in the prgmAAAAA Editor, it shows a . instead of :

Someone please help!
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
":"->Str0

Try using single quotes, like this: ':'. Single quotes are used for tokens.
Oh, I didn't reply in a few days, but the question still stands.
I'm hereby officially announcing that I will stop 95% of my development of ICE. Since like half a year, I didn't implement new functions or fixed bugs. The main problem: in order to implement bigger changes, like floating point numbers or matrices, ICE needs to be completely rewritten, since the current infrastructure is bad. It doesn't follow any logical compiler structure, and it's just C code slapped together, which was actually my first real C program as well. Plus, the syntax is bad and inconsistent and I had to more carefully think about that. As you can guess, rewriting ICE takes a huge lot of time which I don't have, and which I can better spend on other projects, such as SC3 and jsTIfied. This means I won't add new functions or huge changes, but I might fix a small bug (if there are any Razz). I'm sorry to say this guys, thanks for all the support for ICE, I really appreciated it! If someone wants to take it over, feel free to look at the messy source and try to figure out what's happening behind-the-scenes.

Besides that, I will also drop other small C games I started earlier, like CandyCrush CE and Curvefever CE (does anyone still remember these??). On the other side, I'd love to start a new, medium-sized project, which isn't as hard as ICE, but a bit more advanced than simple games. Maybe later though, after I finish other projects. Or not. Meh.
PT_ wrote:
I'm hereby officially announcing that I will stop 95% of my development of ICE.

Is this 95% the End? Do we need to kill a boss mob to get floats? why not port Python to the CE then rewrite ICE in python? or Python in ICE?

***SM84CE runs
Yeha, I know it don't work that way Razz
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
:":"->Str0
:sum(0)
:sum(2,"AAAAA","w",5)
:sum(2,"AAAAA","r",5)->A
:sum(4,Str0,length(str0),1,A
:sum(0

But, in the prgmAAAAA Editor, it shows a . instead of :

Someone please help!

Use a ">" instead of a ":"
I don't know why this works
PT_ wrote:
I'm hereby officially announcing that I will stop 95% of my development of ICE.

I'm sad to see you go. ICE is a really amazing program, especially for your first C project. I hope you eventually come back to it.
That's a shame! We really like ICE but I understand your time is limited. I really hope you come back to this project later, unless commandblockguy comes out with a better compiler, we'll still be using ICE for a really long time.
Is recursion possible in a Call function in ICE?
He's still 5% working on it Razz

And. maybe recursion can be done with a call, I haven't really tried it
calclover2514 wrote:
Is recursion possible in a Call function in ICE?

Sure, just be sure there's an exit condition Cool

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 30 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours