So I have a version with a new upgrade: Auto Control. It'll smartly keep your reactor 100°F below either the RodMaxTemp or ReactorMaxTemp, whichever is lower. It can also be toggled on and off too.

I'll release that soon, I'm also making yet another feature where you can set the temperature at which the Auto Control should hold at. It shouldn't let you bypass the the max temp. I'll also need a fast text input routine; I made one before but they had If statements for each and every possible key. This should only accept numbers, and maybe a negative sign. Should I just do it the If statement way, or are there other routines/ options I should consider?
I got the text input done, I'm working on the hold at a temperature feature. Part of me wants to let the user set it, part of me wants to just hold at FuelRodReplacementTemp-100. What option do you guys prefer?
I got the temp hold feature done, it will now hold at your selected temp-100, for quicker adjustments, should you turn off the coolant boost pumps. This also assumes that since you have bought auto control, that you have upgraded the coolant to the point where your control rods can be set to 1% with a net decrease in temperature...

Anything else to add?

Also, should I ship a program to update the save file from 1.4.x to 1.6.x?
1.1.x Users: umm... too many features have been added... I might be able to...
If anyone is wondering why there is no release yet, I'm stress-testing the temp hold feature. The hold screen is the best/ the most GUI'ed part of the entire thing...
Fun game! It might be cool to have a backdrop to draw the text on. I made a quick example of what it might look like here:

I like the idea, but with just a text-based system, there's already so many features that the entire screen gets filled up, and graphics in BASIC are usually slow, so maybe I might do something in the ICE version, if I can figure a way to store numbers like 100 and 8,192,000,000 in the same Appvar (I think this is obvious, but I just don't remember...)

Temp Hold might be released soon, I just need to update the readme and maybe the screens, but I'll probably keep pics a surprise...
Uploaded V1.6.0, the Auto Control Version to the Archives, waiting for it to be accepted...

EDIT: Accepted!!! Check it out!
SM84CE wrote:
Uploaded V1.6.0, the Auto Control Version to the Archives, waiting for it to be accepted...

Give me feedback!!! (please)
SM84CE wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Give me feedback!!! (please)

really? nothing? Is it that good?
500 downloads!! Do post reviews, I want to know if I can add anything...
Pushed Version 1.6.0.1 to the archives, it contains a few minor, graphical updates.
Accepted! As always, do tell me what you think. This will probably be the last update to this, unless there's some worthy feature to add...

An ICE version may be coming, just depends on how well I can get the Fusion Edition done (as my CC22 entry)
I'm just posting this because this thread looks lonely. I'm gonna download this, SM84CE; people care about your projects Smile
johnbchron wrote:
I'm just posting this because this thread looks lonely. I'm gonna download this, SM84CE; people care about your projects Smile

thanks Smile

hopefully, people do read the progress reports I put here...
jcgter777 wrote:
Make it blow up! Add an explosion animation!

If you lose the game, the calculator blows up. :p
I'll have to test this out when I get my computer back.
ACagliano wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
Make it blow up! Add an explosion animation!

If you lose the game, the calculator blows up. :p
I'll have to test this out when I get my computer back.

LOL the Ultimate consequence Razz
What about Mateo's calc bricker? Razz
RogerWilco wrote:

totally missed that post... oops! The calc bricker is in assembly, and I don't want to add another subprogram, and besides, that's too harsh of a consequence...

Also, 988 downloads! Can we hit 1000?
SM84CE wrote:
RogerWilco wrote:

totally missed that post... oops! The calc bricker is in assembly, and I don't want to add another subprogram, and besides, that's too harsh of a consequence...

You mean the one that archives the homescreen program?
beckadamtheinventor wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
RogerWilco wrote:

You mean the one that archives the homescreen program?

Uhhh... no, the one that requires you to 2nd + Del reset and reinstall the OS, is what I think beckadam meant, ACag's BlastCSS checks for that one

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours