55%  [ 11 ]
Yes
 20%  [ 4 ]
No
 20%  [ 4 ]
It depends
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

If the members of Cemetech want, I am considering making a set of 8 level packs for the game OIRAM, for a total of 64 levels. The level packs are going to be called Super Mario Planet, and mario is going to be exploring different kinds of planets through the level packs.

*** I will not upload the level packs until this POLL gets 20 "Definitely"s.***

*If you choose "It Depends," then please reply with an explanation. Smile

Thanks!!!
What's the point in waiting for twenty 'definitely's? If at least one person wants it that should be enough of a reason for you to upload it. I could be missing something here, but I don't think it's very necessary to have that requirement.
20 is too much, I'd say somewhere around 5-10 would be good.
slimeenergy wrote:
What's the point in waiting for twenty 'definitely's? If at least one person wants it that should be enough of a reason for you to upload it. I could be missing something here, but I don't think it's very necessary to have that requirement.
It would be a waste of my time to upload something that would only get 13 downloads. I have a lot of things that I want to get to, and if the level packs aren't good enough, then I wont upload them.
0x5 we barely have 20 votes *total* on the CC22 poll, getting 20 votes just one one choice is going to be quite difficult. As for whether you should do this, don't do things because they may get hundreds of downloads, do them because you enjoy doing it. Creating things for calculators isn't a job, it's a hobby. If you want to do this then go ahead I support you; if you're doing this only because others want you to then I'd suggest finding something else to do that you really enjoy. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
0x5 we barely have 20 votes *total* on the CC22 poll, getting 20 votes just one one choice is going to be quite difficult. As for whether you should do this, don't do things because they may get hundreds of downloads, do them because you enjoy doing it. Creating things for calculators isn't a job, it's a hobby. If you want to do this then go ahead I support you; if you're doing this only because others want you to then I'd suggest finding something else to do that you really enjoy. Smile

I second this. If you look at my author page, you'll see that I have only authored programs for the TI-85. The 85 is no longer in common use and very few people have it. I don't program for it because it will get lots of downloads, I program for it because I love the 85 dearly and I want to spread my passion to others. Very Happy
RogerWilco wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

I second this. If you look at my author page, you'll see that I have only authored programs for the TI-85. The 85 is no longer in common use and very few people have it. I don't program for it because it will get lots of downloads, I program for it because I love the 85 dearly and I want to spread my passion to others. Very Happy

Exactly! And you don't have to make all those packs at once, I'd love one or two for now and you make some more in your spare time! Smile

EDIT: I think those "No"s were from when you said you wanted 20 "Definitely"s. Razz
I guess so. My motivation for doing things has never been for fun. I hate almost everything I do. I only do things that will give me success and help me survive as a human. Thanks for those kind words. I will definitely take that into consideration.

I am going to be uploading the first level pack by sunday 5/19/19.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I will. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
dunlavdy wrote:
slimeenergy wrote:
It would be a waste of my time to upload something that would only get 13 downloads. I have a lot of things that I want to get to, and if the level packs aren't good enough, then I wont upload them.

Thirteen different people enjoying your levels is quite a lot. Might as well put it up anyway, as it may gather downloads over time. It wouldn't be a waste of time, as the levels are already done from what I see.
I would like to see some levels Smile

Don't feel pressured to upload, just make some cool things. People can wait.
I suggest you release levels as well, it's always nice to see new user content Smile

I also would encourage you to upload your levels, when available, on other community websites as well, especially on TI-Planet, as there is there a dedicated archives section for Oiram levels, which, believe it or not, have around 23k cumulated downloads (there are currently 45 level packs). Critor also often makes home-page articles about new levels, which help with their popularity Smile
Adriweb wrote:
I suggest you release levels as well, it's always nice to see new user content Smile

I also would encourage you to upload your levels, when available, on other community websites as well, especially on TI-Planet, as there is there a dedicated archives section for Oiram levels, which, believe it or not, have around 23k cumulated downloads (there are currently 45 level packs). Critor also often makes home-page articles about new levels, which help with their popularity Smile

Thanks. I will definitely do that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours