» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I suppose I should post about my giant macro photo of the TI-84 Plus CE PCB. I took the images several years ago, but couldn't get a good composite image. A few days ago, though, I tried again, and got success. You can also look at one of my uncorrected images.

Image not embedded to avoid hammering unsuspecting users with a 65 megapixel image.
During the Winter season, a trip to the snow is about 4 hours away. However, snow came within 40 minutes so of course we had to venture up. Being the usual sun-spoiled Californians' none of us were prepared - except for the part where pretty much everyone still buys 4WD trucks - but it was so worth it.

Close to Home by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
That's a great shot! Love how you captured the road in the snowy landscape. Makes me want to drive there.

You didn't mention what you shot that with, I assume a drone? If so, what drone? Or was it shot from atop a hill?
Shot with my phone at the top! I brought my camera but left the memory card in my car; we took a friends truck up. I also forgot Mini Me at home Sad

Captured this using Lightroom Mobile CC so I could shoot in DNG/RAW. I would like a drone but it’s not a want or a need. I have friends with drones if I ever need to use one, we’ve got a few projects lined up with the drone though!
I took a picture of the Motorola SC414181FG16 ASIC in a TI-92 yesterday.

Got a new lens--a 35mm f/1.4--a few months back for astrophotography. Though currently using it for portraiture.

Spring by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

During this shoot I realized I didn't have all the tools I needed. This was my first time using a flash for outdoor, daytime photography and it didn't occur to me that my cameras fastest shutter speed when using a flash is 1/180th of a second. So a few photos were way too bright. Ended up shooting at ISO50 and a weak neutral density filter (that was part of the lens package), which thankfully worked in keeping the images from getting too overblown.

Immediately after this shoot I went to a camera store and bought neutral density filters of varying strengths so I can physically limit the light entering my lens rather than adjusting a lot settings on the camera.
Went out and did some bird watching/photography with friends. First time ever shooting birds on camera, so I bought a cheap little 2x tele-extender so my 75-300mm could get some more oomf to it. I meant to use my Canon T1i but totally forgot and brought my Canon 6D. The T1i is a "crop sensor" camera, and would have multiplied the zoom by another 1.6x, letting me reach 960mm. The sad part is, the aperture also increases when using the tele-extender, so these were really shot at 600mm and f/22. I had to bump up the ISO to ~2000-8000 to get meaningful shots but I'm not about to go drop a couple grand on a lens so I can get better photos. haha

Manual focusing was a pain in the rear, so these may seem slightly blurry. There's also a lack of sharpness which is likely due to a mix of a couple decade old (cheap-ish) lens and the cheap tele-extender I bought, coupled with the fact that the focal plane was apparently super narrow. Still tons of learning to do, I was told that the shutter speed should be equivalent of the zoom, which is why I bumped the ISO up high, was so I can be at or above 1/600th of a second.

IMG_5569 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_5632 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_5965 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_5954 by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
I love photography and I take a lot of pictures. I'll upload some pictures of mine later today. For now, I can say that I've used pictures I've taken as pictures for some of my SoundCloud releases. Here's a picutre that I've used that I'm particularly proud of:
https://soundcloud.com/user-385492180/sets/moonbeam

EDIT: Here are some pictures I've taken.

These are from my film camera, a Nikon N2000 with a 75-150mm f/3.5 lens.

These are taken with my Nikon D3300.

These are taken with my Sony Mavica.

And these were taken with a little Vivitar point-and-shoot I was taking for a spin:

Enjoy! Very Happy
Awesome photos everyone! Happy Earth Day as well.

I visited a waterfall today, the one at Natural Falls State Park that is quite near to the Oklahoma/Arkansas border.

I did a long exposure as you can tell. Unfortunately I did not bring any filters with me, so the aperture was set very small and the exposure was about 1 second or less. After that I did some editing in post. Hope you like it! The water isn't quite as vibrant as that in reality, but it is still noticeably blue nonetheless.

Edit: Hope I didn't oversaturate that, if you think I did let me know Smile
Michael2_3B wrote:
Awesome photos everyone! Happy Earth Day as well.

I visited a waterfall today, the one at Natural Falls State Park that is quite near to the Oklahoma/Arkansas border.

I did a long exposure as you can tell. Unfortunately I did not bring any filters with me, so the aperture was set very small and the exposure was about 1 second or less. After that I did some editing in post. Hope you like it! The water isn't quite as vibrant as that in reality, but it is still noticeably blue nonetheless.

Edit: Hope I didn't oversaturate that, if you think I did let me know Smile

That looks beautiful! I should really try some long exposures some time. Very Happy
Those are some incredible hawk and eagle photos, Roger!

Nice job on the long exposure, Michael
Alex wrote:
Those are some incredible hawk and eagle photos, Roger!

Nice job on the long exposure, Michael

Thanks! I was using a friend's lens because I have nowhere near enough money to buy a lens that nice myself. Razz Very Happy
Yeah Sad I won't be upgrading my telephoto, a 75-300mm, until I start doing more bird photography. I know you're only posting the good photos but do you have any issues focusing at 150mm?

I admittedly haven't shot any birds at 300mm but with my 2x extender, nailing the focus at 600mm is incredibly hard. My camera can't do it (it just searches for an edge, even on a contrasty background) so I have to do it manually. I also haven't used this lens since August 2017, and probably sat unused for years before that. It's a lens from 1999 and searching it just now brings up reviews with titles like "Is this the worst Canon lens ever made?" D:

Coupled with a cheap 2x converter, I'm probably not doing myself any favors but I manage to get some good shots with it (like the bird shots above)! I'll be posting some more bird shots soon though!
I believe I manually focused for these photos. I don’t remember exactly, but that would be my guess because I despise autofocus with a passion. Sorry to hear about your lens, I use Nikon primarily so I don’t have much experience with Canon.
Photos from recent adventures!

Untitled by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Small Snake by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

This is a very close macro. Shot at 21mm. Many years ago I had two 18-55mm kit lenses so I converted one to a Macro. I haven't used it much but I went birding awhile back and used my Canon T1i, so I brought the "macro lens" just in case there weren't any birds around for a while.

Morning Dew by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
Alex wrote:
Photos from recent adventures!

[...]

Those look awesome! Very Happy

What lens did you use to get the close up of the snake and the dew? Smile
Edit: Should have read the post Razz
A few photos of mine, taken on an iPhone X/Xs.

Apparently, those Shared Albums things don't have the best quality uploaded though, uh oh.
Those are some great photos adriweb. How’d you like your California visit?

RogerWilco wrote:

The dew was the Canon default 18-55mm EF-s, the snake photo was taken on the Sigma 35mm f/1.4. You can always click the photos to view them on Flickr where they have the metadata, and easily digestible photo specs. Like shutter speed, lens, etc.

The dew photo is pretty bad technical wise. Going from a f/36 to f/4.5 has not been ingrained in me yet, so it’s at like 6500ISO and 1/2000th shutter speed. Haha. I think later on I eventually changed it to ISO100 but this was right after switching lenses and I just didn’t think about it.
Alex wrote:

RogerWilco wrote:

The dew was the Canon default 18-55mm EF-s, the snake photo was taken on the Sigma 35mm f/1.4. You can always click the photos to view them on Flickr where they have the metadata, and easily digestible photo specs. Like shutter speed, lens, etc.

The dew photo is pretty bad technical wise. Going from a f/36 to f/4.5 has not been ingrained in me yet, so it’s at like 6500ISO and 1/2000th shutter speed. Haha. I think later on I eventually changed it to ISO100 but this was right after switching lenses and I just didn’t think about it.

Ok, cool! Thanks Very Happy
Alex wrote:

Thanks !

The Death Valley trip was definitely fun, lots of stunning places there.

The rest was in France, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Indonesia (Bali), Vietnam (Da Nang).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 36 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours