MateoConLechuga wrote:

Go see a doctor and tell them this. It will help you.

I have about the one part, that is why I should be taking ADHD medication, but it is expensive and i don't jave medical insurance (that part is my fault)

And as for the rest, I've had bad experiences with therapists... I don't like them much

You guys are my therapy, lol
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Go see a doctor and tell them this. It will help you.

We think you are a great member of the community and that you have contributed more than the thousands of others here who post one thing and leave. You have disappointed no one, and there is nothing you could do to disappoint us. We are here for you.

^

No matter what you may think Pieman, we'll always value your presence here. I hope you feel better soon! Smile
Pieman, please believe me when I say you are an awesome person! I completely understand if you're not able to help out as much as you wanted to. And I mean that, as in you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. After all you are still in the credits of my game Razz

Pieman7373 wrote:
You guys are my therapy, lol

There's probably a better way to handle life things than just running to Cemetech, but I understand. None of us are perfect but we can help.
Take a step back for a moment.

What I'm reading here is that you aren't organized. You need a system, and if you have one you need to improve it or find a new one. Buy some pink post-it notes and when you walk into a room slap those notes on every junction box you can find and take the post-it down as you complete each box. Hell, buy two colors and put the second color on the box when you finish the box. When you're done with the room look around. Any boxes without a post it note? Any boxes with a pink one? If so, go do those.

You even say that your skills are increasing, which is awesome! You're getting compliments on your work. You are not a disappointment. Don't be intimidated, it's great that you're speaking your mind here.

In your day to day life, start using a calendar. This is something I started doing within the last year and things are so much easier. Many of my friends use a calendar to organize their life, including KermMartian. When we went to grab dinner the other day he sent me an invite so that neither of us would forget and double book. We have a phone call this coming Monday, and again he sent out a calendar invite.

Use that calendar to block off time. "Help G with this." "Help K with that." "Get laundry started." etc etc. Set it up to get notifications 10 minutes prior to each event. It's going to be hard at first, but the more you stick with it the easier it'll become.

You are not a disappointment Smile
Well, let's just get this over with. My life sucks because of the way my existence is perceived by society. Coming from school each day to do AP work in 9th grade is already stressful enough, but what pisses me off is the fact that most people simply deems that as a normal thing for an Asian person to do. I live under the Model Minority Myth: the myth that Asians are perceived as a superior minority race and that all other minority should follow suit. To me, it puts a ton of stress because everyone expects me to be extremely good at everything I do because I am simply Asian. I often have to remind them that I am human and to be honest, I'm not smart. I'm not the best at anything. I barely know the basics of programming, so that's why I came here. You could say that I should just ignore those people, but in a sense, I can't escape the MMM. Every action I make supports the myth but I want to be the best I can be. What should I do?
DanielSquad wrote:
Well, let's just get this over with. My life sucks because of the way my existence is perceived by society. Coming from school each day to do AP work in 9th grade is already stressful enough, but what pisses me off is the fact that most people simply deems that as a normal thing for an Asian person to do. I live under the Model Minority Myth: the myth that Asians are perceived as a superior minority race and that all other minority should follow suit. To me, it puts a ton of stress because everyone expects me to be extremely good at everything I do because I am simply Asian. I often have to remind them that I am human and to be honest, I'm not smart. I'm not the best at anything. I barely know the basics of programming, so that's why I came here. You could say that I should just ignore those people, but in a sense, I can't escape the MMM. Every action I make supports the myth but I want to be the best I can be. What should I do?

I understand DanielSquad. I'm white, but not actually that smart. I see it that we cannot say those things only because in ways, people like you are actually smarter and more skilled at certain things than other people WISH they could do! Don't let things get you down friend.
I’m so done with society. Or at least the majority of people around me. I want to stop existing but I also know I have to keep fighting. The thing is that so many people are mindless comformers. That’s an over generalization maybe but there’s a lot of truth in the Matrix movie too. I’m an atheist in the Bible Belt. I haven’t told many people this but it feels like that secret is holding me back from everything. Seems like everyone is against me. I’m actually quite lonely. I don’t actually want to be a hermit or get away from society completely I just want to find some proper, sane non-religious people that I can hang with.

I no longer give a crap about school either. Everything taught here is watered down by their need to connect lessons back to God. Its crazy that people even enjoy this private conservative Christian University at all.

I don’t have a lot of money and I feel stuck in this town.
Michael2_3B wrote:
I’m so a done with society. Or at least the majority of people around me. I want to stop existing but I also know I have to keep fighting. The thing is that so many people are mindless comformers. That’s an over generalization maybe but there’s a lot of truth in the Matrix movie too. I’m an atheist in the Bible Belt. I haven’t told many people this but it feels like that secret is holding me back from everything. Seems like everyone is against me. I’m actually quite lonely. I don’t actually want to be a hermit or get away from society completely I just want to find some proper, sane non-religious people that I can hang with.

I no longer give a crap about school either. Everything taught here is watered down by their need to connect lessons back to God. Its crazy that people even enjoy this private conservative Christian University at all.

I don’t have a lot of money and I feel stuck in this town.

I wish I knew abt that earlier and I wouldn't have argued with u so much.
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
I wish I knew abt that earlier and I wouldn't have argued with u so much.

No no you're fine, don't worry about it Smile
Recently, my class had a meeting for this four-day-long field trip. When we were told to write our groups down on an index card (4 people per room), two groups that had some of my friends in them ended up having 1 person short of a full group. I offered to join them, but they wouldn't let me in one of their groups because they were "uncomfortable" with me being in the same room as them.

By "uncomfortable", I mean they didn't want me touching them because I was suspended last semester for an unrelated "sexual misconduct" charge, which somehow meant I'm a sex-crazed pervert that's looking to enjoy any intimate experiences possible.

No matter how much I tell them I'm not into them, they still don't believe me, and they think about what I did last semester, which didn't even happen to them. It's actually idiotic.
I should probably just find another group that's willing to let me in.
Do you know why I've hated my life for a large portion of it?
People like Jason Kenney and Donald Trump not only exist, but they hold the power.
I don't want to live in a world where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
The stupid get stupider.
Only the most immoral values get publicity.

I hate it.

If this is whatever life is... I want no part in it.

I don't think I'll bother going to school tomorrow.
Not a point, if there is no forseeable future for anything.

I won't be able to live out my days anyway.

Life sucks, but who even cares? All everyone seems to want is more, even if they have everything.

Sorry for this post, really depressing.

EDIT: They won.
A majority government.
Why does every time I start to believe that circumstances are getting more favorable and I come out of my shell, the world forces me back in.
BEING PART OF A MINORITY IS NOT A CRIME

And I've tried ignoring politics, but mental health and circumstances make it impossible.
Why are you worried about stupid people. You should go to school so you can learn something, that way nimrods around you actually have a chance in hell of not screwing up the whole world.

Stop fixating on morons and focus on the people who are doing good in the world. There's plenty of them out there if you bother to look.
SomeCoolGuy wrote:
By "uncomfortable", I mean they didn't want me touching them because I was suspended last semester for an unrelated "sexual misconduct" charge, which somehow meant I'm a sex-crazed pervert that's looking to enjoy any intimate experiences possible.

wtf?! There's no logic in that... Sorry you have to be with stupid people...

MateoConLechuga wrote:
Why are you worried about stupid people. You should go to school so you can learn something, that way nimrods around you actually have a chance in hell of not screwing up the whole world.

Stop fixating on morons and focus on the people who are doing good in the world. There's plenty of them out there if you bother to look.

Yeah, agreed. Some people just don't know how to handle the power they get, ignore them
Sure, there's stupid people in power hogging a lot of attention, but you need to push past the depressing part of it and focus on getting them out of power. The great part of democracy in the US (I dunno what it's like in Alberta) is that these people can't do everything they want when they want it, they still need to convince and compromise with Congress to get some of their policies through. Also, if you have a thick headed leader, then you can talk to your (hopefully) less thick headed representatives and convince them to not support the policies you disagree with.

Never stop going to school no matter how poor your circumstances look. When horrible people get into power what's the first thing they try to control? Your ability to be educated. If you stop getting educated, you'll just end up as bad as them.

One good thing about these idiots, do you know how many comedians they've put to work? It's incredible! Laughing
beckadamtheinventor wrote:

That's a very short-term way to look at things. If you give up, they win; no one will be elected to revert their policies and lay the ground work for a path to move forward.

To echo Mateo, SM84CE, and TheLastMillennial, go get that education. It's true you won't make the world a better place today, but you can make the world a better place "tomorrow". Smile
Alex wrote:
beckadamtheinventor wrote:

That's a very short-term way to look at things. If you give up, they win; no one will be elected to revert their policies and lay the ground work for a path to move forward.

To echo Mateo, SM84CE, and TheLastMillennial, go get that education. It's true you won't make the world a better place today, but you can make the world a better place "tomorrow". Smile

I can echo this. I was feeling a large amount of nihilism, antipathy, and apathy for the world at large last year. What kept me going though was the realization that I needed to be the one to change things for the better and if I succumbed to the opposing forces, they would win. I'm not sure how this will help, but don't give up your fight. A quote that I always go back to in times of strife is this: "Things will be ok in the end. If things are ok, then it's not the end."

Not sure how much this will help, I just wanted to give some words of encouragement.
beckadamtheinventor,

I recommend you strip your links to Google and by either replacing them with a link to a different search engine or removing all parameters besides the "q" (query) parameter. All that stuff in those URLs is not necessary. It is for tracking purposes. I am glad that I hovered my mouse over it before clicking on it.

Also it seems like you might something against conservatives. If so can you please explain this in greater detail?

Thank you.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Also it seems like you might something against conservatives. If so can you please explain this in greater detail?

Conservatives can't see past their paycheck.
It costs too much to live, and I'm not exactly enjoying my time existing Razz
MateoConLechuga,

How so. What are they missing?

Michael2_3B,

Please do this: reply with three things you are grateful for. It should help resolve that problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 25 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours