When i first ran Doors CS 7.2 on my calc, it corrupted to the point where i had to take out the batteries to be able to do anything with the calc

I was reading through the forums and found that someone else also had the same problem

i ran TWHGame on my calc and now i can use the app without my entire calculator crashing (run programs, exit the app, etc.) but the screen is still corrupted, so i can't see what i'm doing at all
realdonutking123 wrote:
When i first ran Doors CS 7.2 on my calc, it corrupted to the point where i had to take out the batteries to be able to do anything with the calc

I was reading through the forums and found that someone else also had the same problem

i ran TWHGame on my calc and now i can use the app without my entire calculator crashing (run programs, exit the app, etc.) but the screen is still corrupted, so i can't see what i'm doing at all

Can you send an image of what it looks like?
I want to try to help you, but I need to see what it looks like Smile
How do I upload pictures?
realdonutking123 wrote:
how do i upload pictures

If you took an image go on imgur.com
Then upload an image and paste the link like this:
[img]i.imgur.com/blablabla.png [/img]
Here's what I'm seeing:
Ok that's weird.
Did you download DCS directly and have all necessary appvars?
what appvars
Oh, my bad. The folder doesn't have appvars you'd need to send to your calc.

I have never seen this before but I know if you PM KermMartian he can help you! Smile
My OS is 2.55MP. I'll message him [Kerm Martian].
realdonutking123 wrote:
2.55MP

When I used DCS 7.2 on mine it worked fine.
Like I said, please PM KermMartian for his help
Welcome to Cemetech. A few notes before we get started:
  • We value well-written posts, not txtspk. Please be sure to use complete sentences and proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. You can proofread posts, including images, by clicking the Preview button after composing your posts.
  • If you reply to yourself before 24 hours have passed since your post, you're "double-posting", and that's highly frowned upon. Please smash that "Edit" button on your post instead.

With that said, this is likely an effect of calculator LCDs with wonky timing. It works correctly when it's in the TI-OS, correct? If so, Doors CS luckily has what you need. Get to the Doors CS desktop, press Y=, and try to navigate to the Display menu. When you get there, you should be able to click the Retune button. Here's how it should look:

Do you know exactly which buttons I should press, (and in which order) because I have literally no idea where my cursor is at any given time? For example, I tried to blindly navigate to the Retune button and ended up running a program I wrote using a tutorial (which was coincidentally from your book about programming for the TI-84 Plus).
If you are unable to navigate Doors with the messed up screen, I would recommend using this program, which I have always used to fix my calc when it has issues like this. I'm not entirely sure if it will work in this case, but I know it does in other similar cases for games like Super Mario.
I just tried it, it still didn't work; my screen looks almost exactly the same, give or take a few pixels here and there. Do you know of any other programs that could potentially fix it?
realdonutking123 wrote:
I just tried it, it still didn't work; my screen looks almost exactly the same, give or take a few pixels here and there. Do you know of any other programs that could potentially fix it?

Download MirageOS: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/139/13949.html
I already have; that was one of the first things that I downloaded onto my calc. Besides, MirageOS can't run archived programs like Doors CS, and I want to be able to take advantage of that.
realdonutking123 wrote:
MirageOS can't run archived programs.

Yes it can.
It can? It wasn't able to run zDoom when it was archived. At least I can use Homerun without having to blindly navigate the corrupted Doors CS homescreen and hoping that my cursor is over the right button.
If you're only interested in Homerun, you could use Noshell.
https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/400/40005.html
Ok, I'll check it out. I kinda do still want to fix my Doors CS so I can use CalcNET, and hopefully in the future, once I'm no longer a noob at programming, I can implement it into my programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours