I use TilemapE, a tilemap editor. It's useful but I can never get the tilemap to draw correctly. I tried making a full 172 by 172 world, a 16 by 16 world and so forth. I want to make it big but also small enough to save some archive, since I always archive all appvars and programs so a ram reset won't erase my programs. Can someone help? I can live with a 100 by 100 world, I want 62 blocks (I will start with grass, dirt, stone, and bedrock, then later ores and other stuff). I need help using LoadData() and DefineTilemap() in ice.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Too colourful? Surely you can get away with 256 colours when making Minecraft?

You can even define your own 256 colours instead of the default palette if that helps?

If you can make me a 256 minecraft tilemap/palate I would be full. I think I will pick this up once I get access to my source. (The github is like a commit or two behind iirc)
Very nice. A question though: what is the third graphics buffer, the one you're storing in free RAM?
I've done a bit of graphics programming in Python/Pygame, where there are usually two buffers.
Eschar wrote:
Very nice. A question though: what is the third graphics buffer, the one you're storing in free RAM?
I've done a bit of graphics programming in Python/Pygame, where there are usually two buffers.

Where do you see something about a third graphics buffer? It's been ages since I looked at the code but IIRC in the oldest version I used a third graphics buffer to avoid redrawing the entire tilemap each frame. This trick is effective on the monochrome calcs, but is counter productive on the CE due to the number of bytes that need to be copied due to the large screen size.
Is there any progress on it?
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Is there any progress on it?

No unfortunately, any free time that I do get, I am spending programming a MFD for Kerbal Space Program.
Hey is this project over? I really love the progress and I hope it's still being updated!
I want my Minecraft to scroll like that instead of 1 block at a time, so it would look smoother, but right now I have to make a *LITE* version of it.
Wait c4ooo, I have a question, but it’s about one of your other projects for the TI 84 CE...
So are you still working on that 2D Minecraft thing for the CE? If not, can you PLEASE CONTINUE IT??
It has, on my calc, very smooth world scrolling, and I love the way it looks.
I know my 2D Minecraft CE project has been getting major updates, it’s been like that every now and then, but it doesn’t have smooth scrolling, which I haven’t tried adding yet.
But seriously, I love your 2D Minecraft project and I really am requesting for you to continue on it, I would be fine if it even get the very slightest changes every few days, I just want it to be continued! Please
Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours