I did start this a bit later than everyone else Very Happy I guess it took me a little while to actually decide to do this.

My idea is a platforming game. But not a normal platforming game. Instead, it focuses on basic programming and circuit design. The idea is that you have a player, and you place 'sensors' in particular locations to check for specific conditions: i.e. a sensor 3 pixels in front of the robot would fire if it touches/covers an existing pixel. You will be able to link together sensors with logical gates, such as and, not, xor, or. The results of a sensor or a gated sensor can be linked to a specific function of the bot: i.e. run, jump, grab, or use. Each level will provide an 'upgrade,' which may add a new sensor, or make the robot jump higher or run faster.

This will be written in 68k basic, for the 92. I might make a port for the 89, depending on the timeframe.
Sounds like a cool concept! Will love to see the final product!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours