Also, I'm looking forward to being able to download and play your game. It's looking great so far.

I found the farlands, haha
Hey one last question. Feel free to ignore if you don’t want to answer. How did you read the sprite data from the appvar without using up a ton of RAM? Did you read it all at once?
epsilon5 wrote:
Hey one last question. Feel free to ignore if you don’t want to answer. How did you read the sprite data from the appvar without using up a ton of RAM? Did you read it all at once?

I have no idea what I am doing Razz
Pieman7373 wrote:
epsilon5 wrote:

I have no idea what I am doing Razz

Alright, no problem. I’ll just put my data in an appvar, then read it all to some memory in safe RAM I guess. Thanks again for your help.
Sweet! Random memory land!

Love the speed btw.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Sweet! Random memory land!

Love the speed btw.

I like the speed as well, but I am trying to make it slightly less speedy... Any tips would be appreciated
Last night I added the attacking animation, the save menu and set up the framework for saving. I will post screenshots later!

EDIT:
enemies and stabbing

TODO:
*finish implementing saving to an appvar
*add enemies
-enemy motion
-enemy health
-enemy/player interactions
*add player stats menu & health bar
*add an actual map
*add story and actual gameplay (design dungeons and puzzles)
I kinda want to see the "Farlands" as an easter egg now lol
This is looking amazing, you've gotten a lot done in such a short time!

This kind of reminds me of ARPG, one of my many side projects that was abandoned. I guess I really need to finish and publish more of my small projects rather than just the big programs I tend to focus on...
Stabbing and killing functional
That looks amazing!

What are the differences between the different tiles right now? What prevents movement, what can be cut, and what is able to be walked over?
jcgter777 wrote:
That looks amazing!

What are the differences between the different tiles right now? What prevents movement, what can be cut, and what is able to be walked over?

That sword sprite drawing location is unfortunate at best.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
That sword sprite drawing location is unfortunate at best.

Shushhh 😂😂
TODO:
*add enemies
-enemy health

-enemy motion

*Add health jars
*add an actual map

EDIT:
I added spikes for more death
Could we maybe have some sort of editor to make our own maps? I feel that there's no top-down adventure game with an editor for the CE and that it would be a fun little addition. Razz
NoaxPrime wrote:
Could we maybe have some sort of editor to make our own maps? I feel that there's no top-down adventure game with an editor for the CE and that it would be a fun little addition. Razz

You could just make your own the same way that I make the initial map with, and recompile it Razz
PROGRESS!!!
TODO:
*add enemies
-enemy health

-enemy motion
*Add health jars
*add an actual map

There are 2 indistinguishable types of jars, health jars and normal jars. (the number in the corner of the jar is just for debugging, it will not be in the final game. The enemy health number, however, will be toggle-able)When broken, health jars give the player 10 health, and normal jars do nothing.
Enemies take damage when you stab them, and they die when their health reaches 0.

The type of weapon you have determines how much base damage you deal (damage multipliers will be added later)
Fist--------------1 damage
Club-------------2 damage
Iron sword------3 damage
Steel sword-----4 damage
Dragon sword---5 damage

I still need to add more types of enemies, add enemy attacks, and make it so that you can't walk on enemies or jars (I implemented this, but it slowed down the game a ridiculous amount so i took it out)
Looks great so far. One suggestion I have is maybe make a setting to have the player first turn to the direction you press, and then on the second press, you move in that direction. That way if there are two enemies next to each other, you can turn, instead of having to run back and spend time lining up your attack like you had two in your screenshot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours