Alright, I have decided to try to make my first CC contest entry ever for CC #22.
This will be the progress thread, though I don't know how much I will post here (a few screenshots at most, right?)
I'm going to try a simple game (I haven't really ever made a "game" :/) in C for the TI-84 Plus CE.
I sure hope I finish before the deadline.Unsure
I think you're lying, I think you actually have a very clear idea about what game you're doing and are just trying to throw us off. Razz

I can't wait to see what you make!
LogicalJoe wrote:
Alright, I have decided to try to make my first CC contest entry ever for CC #22.
This will be the progress thread, though I don't know how much I will post here (a few screenshots at most, right?)
I'm going to try a simple game (I haven't really ever made a "game" :/) in C for the TI-84 Plus CE.
I sure hope I finish before the deadline.Unsure

I think you'd do great!
You were able to get me the classic texture pack of Minecraft in a tileset, so I think this would be interesting to see!
As I already know, you're good at sprites. Just remember: Make it fun! Custom Avatars is a great idea for a contest!
I'm not really that good (yet) to enter. Because I don't know where to start and all the games I make take well over a month lol
Seeing as how I have lost a whole week's worth of work, I'm rushing a bit to catch up, so here is a screenshot:
The color randomizer on the splash screen isn't very good, so I'll be working up to fixing that up soon.

TimmyTurner62 wrote:
As I already know, you're good at sprites.
What makes you think that?

TheLastMillennial wrote:
I think you're lying, I think you actually have a very clear idea about what game you're doing and are just trying to throw us off. Razz
I will neither confirm nor deny this statement.

TheLastMillennial wrote:
I can't wait to see what you make!
I can't wait either! Razz
Alright, so I know I'm really late to be getting on the CC22 contest train, but I've finally decided to chase after it with my bike just to see if I can catch up to it.

I got some work done on the editor, and I'm really happy with it, I just need to add indicators for selected options.

Now that Ive started work on this, I have 8 different game ideas that I will probably implement at some point.
I will finish this, if not for CC22, then for Cemetech.

6 days to go. Sad
Looking good so far! Keep it up
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Looking good so far! Keep it up
Thank you so much!
Its going to be a few late nights of riding my bike to catch up with the train though Razz
Best of luck! I know you can do it! Very Happy

It looks awesome so far Very Happy
Update! Now there is actual gameplay! Very Happy
Collision detection is a little sad, and I still need to get the selector screen working properly. Plus, I plan on implementing different size paintballs.

I really hope I finish it in time. Sad

1-2 day(s) to go.
LogicalJoe wrote:
Collision detection is a little sad, and I still need to get the selector screen working properly. Plus, I plan on implementing different size paintballs.

1-2 day(s) to go.

I'm glad that you are still in the running!
LogicalJoe wrote:

1-2 day(s) to go.

Eyyy. Good job! I can't wait to see your finished entry! It looks awesome so far Very Happy
Looks great man, I really like the speed too!
So… I stayed up for most of the night (The sun was coming up) to "finish" my entry.
Here are some of the features that were added since my last update:
  • There is now a score dependent on collection of paintballs (I have no idea how that is supposed to work)
  • Each game mode has it's own score (not a soundtrack Razz)
  • Your character and score(s) are stored in an (archived) appvar.
  • The help screen now has actual text on it.
  • The cursor changes color on the mode menu,
  • The customizer screen now has labels indicating what each option is,
  • PLUS indicators for selected options (on the customizer screen),
  • There is a pause and death screen,
  • Each mode is now different and can provide quite a challenge (as outlined below)
  • Secret Dark Mode to mimic my other program RubEX
  • Full documentation with screenshots that I have to redo due to size limits

- Classic: You are on the right side of the screen dodging paintballs coming from the left
- Hardcore: You are in the center of the screen dodging paintballs coming from the left and right
- Infinity: You have the whole board to dodge paintballs coming from the left, right, top, and bottom.
- Screensaver: …Do you really need me to explain it?

Here's a really oversized screenshot showcasing (almost) everything!

EDIT: I've submitted it! Very Happy
Awesome! I wish you the best of luck! Very Happy
Yeah man! Love it!
RogerWilco wrote:
Awesome! I wish you the best of luck! Very Happy
tr1p1ea wrote:
Yeah man! Love it!

Thank you guys!
I've uploaded Splat to the archives queue and I will place a link here when it gets accepted.
For a game in a week, I'm really happy with how it came out.

Good luck to everyone who entered! Smile

Edit: Cemetech - http://ceme.tech/DL1878
Edit 2: TICalc - https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/472/47266.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours