I've been avoiding these contests because I feel like my programming abilities have declined, but I'll try and participate in this one
Pieman7373 wrote:
I've been avoiding these contests because I feel like my programming abilities have declined, but I'll try and participate in this one

You misspelled increased.
So! I decided to make a game in C called Dungeon :3
I'll post a screenshot in a minute maybe

EDIT:
(it wasn't ready, but you guys wanted it so bad)

I was just trying to print a test number, and it decided to put a pink thing everywhere
You're good! I haven't even started on coding my program yet. Surprised

Looks awesome so far, keep up the good work! Very Happy
Pink screen of death, anyone?

Looks very cool so far, can't wait to see how to implement actual gameplay!
d-d-d-d-danganronpa

That menu looks really cool. (It's way more than I have done, 0x5). I like the font and the medieval theme. I am looking forward to seeing what actual gameplay looks like.
I worked on a bunch of the behinds the scenes stuff last night, and hopefully i will have the menu and possibly character creation working tonight *crosses fingers*
Soooo, I stayed up all night working on my entry, and i have to leave for work in like 10 minutes, so have this screenshot! Razz

I can explain more about what is going on in my program if you guys want
Wow! Looking awesome already! Very Happy

I can tell you stayed up all night, so much progress!
Just assessing the competition... looking pretty good. I'm excited to see how this will turn out.
I finished the customization menu! And i have psuedocode for the main game loop and a few of the related functions, so that should be at least started some time soon!

By the way, this game is going to have a combat style similar to The Legend of Zelda (i.e. live combat)
Pieman7373 wrote:
I finished the customization menu! And i have psuedocode for the main game loop and a few of the related functions, so that should be at least started some time soon!

Very nice update, I'm liking the progress!
I got like half of the tilemap stuff implemented in the background last night... I only got it to work thanks to help from GregsAStar and P_T!

I should be able to post a screenshot sometime after work today
I got the tilemap to work with the size of map i want and i got the moving to work!

Next i have to add the player character and bounds checking, then i can add stabbing and the actual gameplay logic. And finalize the map, haha

I added some of the ways that the different gear affects your gameplay!
No Shoes:

Leather Shoes:

Chainmail Shoes: (I know that that makes no sense)

Steel Shoes:

Dragon Shoes:

I know why the slow ones are tearing like that, but I don't want to try and fix that yet

I got it to successfully draw your equipped equipment on your character on the map

Also, i have the framework for collision detection set up (It correctly identifies the tile you are on, and the tile to the left, right, up, and down)
How did you fix the RAM problem? I'm having issues with that in my program as well.
epsilon5 wrote:
How did you fix the RAM problem? I'm having issues with that in my program as well.

Yes, I moved the majority of my sprites into an appvar
Archived I assume?
epsilon5 wrote:
Archived I assume?

Appvars live in archive
Right. Thanks for your help. I'll move some more of my stuff to an appvar.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours