Ok, ok, first of all I know what you're thinking- don't you still have BasicNote to work on? Why are you starting other side-projects? Well the answer is, I am still focusing on BasicNote and getting help from my beta testers. And in the time I'm not taking care of other life responsibilities and whenever I'm tired of working on BasicNote for the day, I'm having fun doing these side projects Razz

This is a game demo based around orbiting a planet, and in it, you have limited fuel. You can use fuel to go to a higher orbit, and also use fuel to slow yourself down to a lower orbit. At the moment I have it designed so you must dock with the space station in higher orbit.

It is rather simple at the moment but I hope you like it! I'm hoping I can make an ICE version to get some more speed and fun graphics out of it too.

Code:
ClrHome
10->P
{0,0,10->L1
1->S
ClrDraw
132->Xmax:~Ans->Xmin
82->Ymax:~Ans->Ymin
For(I,1,dim(L1),3
   Circle(L1(I),L1(I+1),L1(I+2),Blue,1
End
0->E:L1(3)+5->D:0->theta:0->T:L1(3)+5->V:1->I
0->A:L1(3)+77->B:0->Z
100->F
Repeat getKey
End
Repeat K=45 or (abs(E-A)<=10 and abs(D-B)<=10 and V>=76 and V<=78
   Pt-On(E,D,S,Red
   Pt-On(A,B,S,Navy
   getKey->K
   V+.1P(F>0)((K=25)-(K=34)(V>5+L1(I+2->V
   If K=25 or K=34
   max(0,F-1->F
   Pt-Off(E,D,S
   Pt-Off(A,B,S
   L1(I)+Vsin(theta->E
   L1(I+1)+Vcos(theta->D
   theta+P/V->theta
   L1(I)+77sin(Z->A
   L1(I+1)+77cos(Z->B
   Z+P/77->Z
End
If K!=45
Then
   ClrDraw
   ~100->A
   100->C
   For(I,1,20
      For(B,1,0,~1
         If B=1 or (B=0 and I<20
         Then
            Line(A-I,I,A-I,~I,B,Red
            Line(A-I,I,A+I,I,B,Red
            Line(A-I,~I,A+I,~I,B,Red
            Line(A+I,I,A+I,~I,B,Red
            40-I
            Line(C-Ans,Ans,C-Ans,~Ans,B,Navy
            Line(C-Ans,Ans,C+Ans,Ans,B,Navy
            Line(C-Ans,~Ans,C+Ans,~Ans,B,Navy
            Line(C+Ans,Ans,C+Ans,~Ans,B,Navy
         End
      End
      A+3->A
      C-4->C
   End
   For(I,~21,3,2
      rand(10
      Pt-On(I,5,1,Gray
      Pt-On(I,~5,1,Gray
   End
   Text(~1,1,1,"SUCCESSFULLY DOCKED!
End

(side note: obviously, orbits decay if not maintained, but that is not currently a feature in this)
Maybe a fuel indicator and a light gray circle that shows your path, and the space station path, to make things easier?
Very cool

I just have one question, are you using SGP and if so, would you like to potentially collaborate on creating a ICE SGP implementation. I want to port Orbit84 to ICE but lack the knowledge of SGP to do so.
SM84CE wrote:
Maybe a fuel indicator and a light gray circle that shows your path, and the space station path, to make things easier?

Yes, those are both very easy to do, albeit they affect speed slightly. The only thing with the paths though, is that it can possibly become messy looking after a while, especially if you're changing orbits a lot.

LAX18 wrote:
Very cool

I just have one question, are you using SGP and if so, would you like to potentially collaborate on creating a ICE SGP implementation. I want to port Orbit84 to ICE but lack the knowledge of SGP to do so.

No, I am not currently using SGP, however I am looking into it. PM me if you're wanting to collaborate further!
U steal my idea i h8 u!!!!!111111

Just kidding, good job!
The curvature of the earth
I thought the Earth was flat... with bedrock at y=0 and a max height of y=255 Razz

jk, nice work, though!
I might be going somewhere with this but I don't really know

Finish fruit ninja first! Razz

If you are going somewhere, I'd love to help in anyway I can since my attempts *cough* CSP *cough* didn't turn out to be feasible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours