Your first website frightens me. Welcome to Cemetech Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Your first website frightens me. Welcome to Cemetech Smile

don't you love the transitioning bg?
Hey everyone! I only really have programmed in TI-BASIC, but given that I am getting my fourth TI calculator (a TI-89) soon I figured I should stop lurking and actually sign up on the TI sites I frequent. So I'm here now and I hope to learn ASM and C soon.

I couldn't figure out how to weave this in with my post, so here are my calculators that I own at the moment listed in the order that I've received them: TI-85, TI-82, TI-84+ CE, TI-89 (on the way)
Hi,

I'm Gideon and I'm 15 years old. I joined this website oct 17th in 2018(157 days ago today), but never really introduced myself. I'm from the Netherlands, and have 0 experience in coding. I bought a ti 84 ce-t instead of the school recommended Casio fx-CG50 because I read online it had a way bigger community around it. So, naturally, I downloaded a load of games from this website, played them, and then had the idea to make an account. I haven't been very active, however I did play on the Minecraft server for a little while. I'm not sure how often I'll be online on the forum as I'm not a coder, but maybe I'll find some time to learn basic and write a little game. Blackjack is on the wishlist for example, as that's what I think is missing from the games on the 84+CE.
Hello. My name is George Mansoor. just found this site helping my daughter with her TI 84 CE Plus.
Hello All! I've been around the forum for a couple days, mostly looking for some help, but this seems to be a pretty cool community, so I figure that part of the process of settling in would be an introduction.

Not too terribly much to address I suppose, but I'm a hobbyist programmer (like most people here) with experience programming in Pyhon and C/C++. I'm pretty passionate about FOSS software and have in the past year or two finally settled into using Linux as my dedicated OS. Right now my biggest interests are Computer Graphics and Machine Learning (but I only have a superficial knowledge of either), and Electronics. I'm planning on learning assembly through z80 and this community, and hopefully investigating HDLs like Verilog.

Overall I'm just excited to work with others on development rn. I love learning and helping (with what little knowledge I have) and want to do the most of both possible.

Thanks for existing Smile
Hello. I do a lot of programming in my free time, mostly C# and python. I started calculator programming last year after shortly after I got a ti-84 plus ce for school.

I came to this website to post my first major project : https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15665
Hello, I am learning basic computer programming and hope to someday be able to program for calculators too Very Happy
Hello Everyone! I am a novice programmer and longtime calculator game player but decided to create an account to learn how to make my own calculator programs, Specifically in assembly. I do have a little prior experience with TI-Basic, but not much.

Basically, I joined to learn how to code assembly on the TI 84 +CE. Does anyone have any quick links to a guide to just get something on the screen (like a square)?
Hi Logjam, welcome to Cemetech!
You can find some assembly documentation here.
If you're more interested in C, check out the toolchain.
Also, feel free to ask any questions you have in SAX/IRC!
Learn z80 ASM in 28 days is, as far as I know, the only complete ASM guide. However, the CE uses ez80 ASM which is very similar to regular z80. So the guide may still be useful to you. There are definitely differences, so I'd suggest browsing the forum for others who tried to learn ez80 ASM. I'd also suggest looking at ASM projects that are open source. I.E. 'Attack of the Snails' or 'Cesium'.

Before you attack ASM programming I'd highly suggest you expand your skills with C (using the resources Jeffitus posted above), or easier, BASIC. A great resource for BASIC is TI Basic Developer; it's an amazing resource and I still use it, even 3 years after starting BASIC. Getting a good foundation in BASIC makes it much easier to learn other languages. Starting your programming experience straight into ASM is possible, but it's going to hurt and wont be very fun. Many of us here wanted to go right into ASM but I don't know anyone of us that succeeded (except maybe Kerm) without learning another language first. Smile

Welcome to Cemetech, good luck learning ASM.
Logjam wrote:
Hello Everyone! I am a novice programmer and longtime calculator game player but decided to create an account to learn how to make my own calculator programs, Specifically in assembly. I do have a little prior experience with TI-Basic, but not much.

Basically, I joined to learn how to code assembly on the TI 84 +CE. Does anyone have any quick links to a guide to just get something on the screen (like a square)?
Going from being a novice programmer to assembly is going to be pretty difficult, but it's possible. Thankfully, the CE has a few other options as far as programming goes, if you want to eventually transition to assembly.

MateoConLechuga's C libraries for the CE. Mateo (and many other contributors) have made what is widely accepted to be the best way to make most any program for a CE. C is a much easier language to learn than straight asm, but it will fulfill all your game-making needs with room to spare. You can find the SDK here.

PT_'s ICE Compiler. If all you've got is some TI-BASIC knowledge, this is probably your best option. In effect, it's the C libraries I talked about earlier, just adapted to be programmed on your calculator just like a TI-BASIC program. I myself use ICE just because I prefer the portability, and I'm seasoned enough at coding on the calculator that I can do it just as effectively as a computer, but most people would disagree. You can find the compiler here, and you can find a sprite creation tool here for when you start making more visually impressive programs.

Kerm's Programming Guide. Though often overlooked, Cemetech's founder KermMartian actually wrote an entire book on programming a calculator, including a section on asm. You can find it here.
Logjam wrote:

Here are a few very useful links for programming in TI84+CE ASM (in order of helpfulness):
http://tutorials.eeems.ca/ASMin28Days/lesson/toc.html
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=251313#251313
http://ez80.github.io/
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/forum/t-1776451/hello-world-in-hex-codes-for-ti-84-ce
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Calculator_Documentation#TI-84_Plus_CE.5B-T.5D.2C_TI-83_Premium_CE

I hope this helps!
Hey whats this website all about?
jacduc wrote:
Hey whats this website all about?

Perhaps you should take a look at our about tab! Wink
"Welcome to Cemetech! Since 2000, Cemetech (pronounced KE'me'tek) has been teaching programming and electronics and developing software and hardware. Among Cemetech's specialties are TI, HP, and Casio graphing calculators like the TI-84 Plus, TI-Nspire, HP Prime, and Casio Prizm, embedded and DIY electronics, and computer and web programming. Cemetech provides a safe, friendly space for people to learn, show off projects, and share knowledge and expertise. Our staff of friendly volunteers hang out on our forum and IRC and SAX chatrooms, and are happy to help." - cemetech.net

Welcome, jacduc!
jcgter777 wrote:
"Welcome to Cemetech! Since 2000, Cemetech (pronounced KE'me'tek) has been teaching programming and electronics and developing software and hardware. Among Cemetech's specialties are TI, HP, and Casio graphing calculators like the TI-84 Plus, TI-Nspire, HP Prime, and Casio Prizm, embedded and DIY electronics, and computer and web programming. Cemetech provides a safe, friendly space for people to learn, show off projects, and share knowledge and expertise. Our staff of friendly volunteers hang out on our forum and IRC and SAX chatrooms, and are happy to help." - cemetech.net

Welcome, jacduc!

I have been using the online calculator for Pre-Calc but have no idea what else there is to do here...

So you are saying I can learn how to program these calculators?
That's the main idea.
I decided to become a member so that I can ask questions about specific issues I have when trying to repair electronics.

I would also like to learn about programming on TI calculators.
LF412 wrote:
I decided to become a member so that I can ask questions about specific issues I have when trying to repair electronics.
Welcome! What sorts of electronics do you repair?

Quote:
I would also like to learn about programming on TI calculators.
Great! We look forward to helping however we can

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 137 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours