I have tried both ROMs from various websites as well as ripping the ROM from my own calculator only to be met with an "Invalid ROM image specified! Please select a valid ROM image, and try again." error in both cases. I cannot seem to find any information on this error anywhere. Does wxwabbitemu not support the TI84+ C Silver Edition? On the mobile version of wabbitemu I am using the same thing (which somehow obtained a ROM on its own?) without any problems, but that is not the case with wxwabbitemu it seems Neutral
I have never heard of wxwabbitemu. Use the official wabbitemu, not some unsupported fork Razz

You can get it here: http://wabbitemu.org/
Not sure how to properly reply to someone here, but I hope you'll see it.

Wabbitemu is windows-only and I am using linux, so wxwabbitemu was the best option. And as I understand it, it isn't really "unsupported" as the original dev contributed to it, however the owner of the repo hasn't done anything on it since December of last year.
Also, I just wanted to add that I haven't been able to get jstified to work with either of the ROMS either. It loads the skin for the calculator, but simply displays a large black, off-center screen.
I believe WabbitEmu only works for monochrome calculators. Use CEmu for the color ones.
ShinyGardevoir wrote:
I believe WabbitEmu only works for monochrome calculators. Use CEmu for the color ones.

This is partially incorrect, CEmu only works for the TI-84+CE and its variants.
and wabbitemu works fine with the 84+CSE. Just like the latest Tilem.
_iPhoenix_ is right about that one. As I said, I'm able to use the ti84pcse on the android version of wabbitemu without any trouble (and I am still wondering how it got its ROM Neutral ), but I cannot get it to work on wxwabbitemu or jstfied.
Adriweb, I cannot seem to find anything indicating that tilem supports the TI84+CSE, and when I just tried it (sidenote, there seems to be an issue in their Makefile - it needs to be linked against libm, which I had to add manually) it instead gave me the different, but nonetheless the same "Unable to load calculator state The file ti84pcse.rom is not a recognized calculator ROM file." error.

edit: TI84+CSE not TI83+CSE
chrisreall wrote:
Adriweb, I cannot seem to find anything indicating that tilem supports the TI83+CSE, and when I just tried it (sidenote, there seems to be an issue in their Makefile - it needs to be linked against libm, which I had to add manually) it instead gave me the different, but nonetheless the same "Unable to load calculator state The file ti84pcse.rom is not a recognized calculator ROM file." error.

Yeah it's all but obvious, but it's in the source, from what I can see.
See the commits from a few years ago mentioning the 84+CSE: https://sourceforge.net/p/tilem/code/788/log/?path=/trunk/emu
Okay I've always had trouble with the ambiguity of that phrase, when you say "all but obvious" do you mean "everything other than" or "very nearly"? Because if you meant very nearly I must be far more incompetent than I thought.

But I found this: "(Warning: this change breaks compatibility with existing 84+CSE state files. It should not have any visible effect unless you have saved the calculator state in the middle of a subroutine that reads LCD pixel data.)". Does that mean my ROM was in the middle of a LCD subroutine? How do I get one that isn't?
It means "anything except xxxx", so, in this case "not obvious at all" Smile
The authors really should live in modern times and provide source on a service like github or gitlab, have automated CI and deployments if possible, but at the very least, provide updated binaries!
Oh well...
Haha, a slight relief, thanks. Apparently I'm not the only one who struggles with this phrase https://painintheenglish.com/case/258 Smile

And I agree. I think in some ways it can be useful to obscure something just so that the help you get is from people who have a good idea of what they're doing, but it makes it really difficult for the uninitiated to get involved Smile.
Adriweb, sorry to bother you again, but did you per chance see my question at the end of my second to last message? I may settle to using jstified (which for some reason started working this time), but I would prefer (if possible) to not use something in the browser.
Okay, to any poor soul who may end up on this thread in the future (probably no one), after checking the source code I can confirm that wxwabbitemu does not currently support the TI 84+ Silver CE comment for SEO -TI 84+ S CE, TI 84+ SCE, TI84+ Silver CE, TI84+ S CE, TI84+ SCE, TI 84P Silver CE, TI 84P S CE, TI 84P SCE, TI84P Silver CE, TI84P S CE, TI84P SCE, TI 84 P Silver CE, TI 84 P S CE, TI 84 P SCE, TI84 P Silver CE, TI84 P S CE, TI84 P SCE, TI 84PS CE, TI 84PSCE, TI84PS CE, TI84PSCE, TI 84 PSCE, TI84 PSCE] while wabbitemu does.

Evidence:

Code:
$cat wabbitemu/utilities/var.c

Code:

CalcModel FindRomVersion(char *string, unsigned char *rom, u_int size) {
   u_int i;
   int b;
   CalcModel calc;
   if (size == (32 * 1024)) {
      calc = TI_81;
   } else if (size == (128 * 1024)) {
      calc = TI_82;
   } else if (size == (256 * 1024)) {
      calc = TI_83;
   } else if ((size >= (510 * 1024)) && (size <= (590 * 1024))) {
      calc = TI_83P;
   } else if ((size >= (1016 * 1024)) && (size<= (1030 * 1024))) {
      calc = TI_84P;
   } else if ((size >= (2044 * 1024)) && (size<= (2260 * 1024))) {
      calc = TI_83PSE;
   } else if ((size >= (4090 * 1024)) && (size <= (4100 * 1024))) {
      calc = TI_84PCSE;
   } else {
      _putts(_T("not a known rom"));
      return INVALID_MODEL;
   }

vs

Code:
$cat wxwabbitemu/utilities/var.c

Code:

int FindRomVersion(int calc, char *string, unsigned char *rom, int size) {
   int i,b;
   if (calc == -1) {
      if (size == (128 * 1024)) calc = TI_82;
      else if (size == (256 * 1024)) calc = TI_83;
      else if ((size >= (510 * 1024)) && (size <= (590 * 1024))) calc = TI_83P;
      else if ((size >= (1016 * 1024)) && (size<= (1030 * 1024))) calc = TI_84P;
      else if ((size >= (2044 * 1024)) && (size<= (2260 * 1024))) calc = TI_83PSE;
      else {
         return -1;
      }
   }

So yeah, I guess I need to get in contact with sputt or figure out what's wrong with TilEm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wabbitemu was extended to support the 'C Silver Edition' - not the current CE variant.

Wxwabbitemu must have been forked prior to this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours