I'm a n00b to both assembly and using forums, so pls lmk if i posted in the wrong place or anything.
So, I made a program to check the battery of my Ti-84+, and here is the code:

Code:

#include  "ti83plus.inc"
#define     progStart $9D95
.org      progStart-2
.db       $BB, $6D
   bcall(_CLrLCDFull)
   bcall(5221)
   ld h, 0
   ld l, a
   bcall(_DispHL)
   ret
t
What happens is, the first time it runs, it just displays the "Done" thing, but the second time it runs on my calculator it outputs the numbers "1,7,6" diagonally starting at row 4, column 3. Does anyone know why this might be happening, and what I can do to fix it?
Try changing the bcall(5221) to bcall(5221h) and see if that fixes the problem.
LogicalJoe wrote:
Try changing the bcall(5221) to bcall(5221h) and see if that fixes the problem.

Or be sane and just refer to the call by name like you do with CLrLCDFull and DispHL: Chk_Batt_Level
It gives an error when assembling using the name of the bcall, but doing 5221h fixed it! Thanks! :3
artificialstarlight wrote:
It gives an error when assembling using the name of the bcall, but doing 5221h fixed it! Thanks! :3

You probably got the name of the bcall wrong. It has to be exactly as it is in the include file.
Idk how to find things in the include file, I was just looking on the wiki.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours