Does anyone know what was changed between Mario v1.2 and Mario v2.0 for the TI-83/84 Plus?
http://tiwizard.com/downloads/mario-2-0/
https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/192/19225.html
Also does anyone know where I can find the source code for v2.0?
Thank you
Looking at the readme from v2.0, it says:
Quote:
This release of Super Mario 83+ is not distributed officially.

The repackaged archive was submitted to CalcGames.org by Chase Taylor

So I'm guessing someone just downloaded v1.2, slapped the 2.0 label on it, and rereleased it under "2.0" for some reason.

If this is the case, the source would be the exact same as the v1.2 source.

Also, welcome to Cemetech, Heath!

Edit: as a side note, this game is very complete and fun to play, don't let this stop you from playing it!
Thank you for the reply but are you sure?
I've heard people talk about levels that only work on 2.0, and shells seem to behave differently. I'm not sure though.
I've never personally had a problem with any level packs; the fact that v2.0 isn't even on ticalc.org seems to indicate it isn't an official release as well.

I might investigate this later, but I think this is the case.
Jeffitus wrote:
So I'm guessing someone just downloaded v1.2, slapped the 2.0 label on it, and rereleased it under "2.0" for some reason.

Correct!

It's the exact same game. The 2.0 file has a readme.txt, as pointed out, that the 1.2 version doesn't have. However, both .zips have a mario.txt and both those text files say it's version 1.2.

Quote:
Program: Super Mario v1.2
Version: v1.2

It's safe to assume somewhere along the line someone uploaded it as v2.0 in the attempt to drive more traffic to their site since they would have the "most current" version.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours