Would you like me to upload a pre-alpha release?
Yes
 80%  [ 16 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Hello everybody,
I am in the process of writing a slightly limited LUA-like interpreter for the TI-84 Plus CE in ICE
To Do:
    Fix ICE program text reading issues - DONE
    Add some libraries - DONE
    Add More CE Library Functions - DONE
    Add Variables - AS DONE AS IT WILL EVER BE
    Add Loops - AS DONE AS IT WILL EVER BE

DOWNLOAD

Here are some screenshots:
Cool work
Neat work Smile Have you checked out this project? https://github.com/adriweb/minilua_ce
Yeah I have, but I wanted a GUI-type program, and my program is written with ICE, not C.
Also, I wanted to be able to run scripts rather than shell commands.
calclover2514 wrote:

Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Posting some code might help us give better tips Razz.

Honestly, I'm kinda excited to see how you did this. I haven't seen enough ICE programs that actually release the source lately...

EDIT:
And then there's just the fact that it's LUA. Which is pretty cool in itself.
Any Download available? Or is it still in major development
Quote:
To Do:
    ▪ Add More LUA Functions
    ▪ Add More CE Library Functions
    ▪ Add Multi-Line Strings
    ▪ Add Variables and Functions

I'm hoping to make a lot of progress in the next few months, but as I'm 13, I may have to postpone it's release until the end of summer.

Well, since there's only one thing done on the list, I assume it's "still in major development" Wink

Cool project calclover! I don't use Lua myself, but it'd still be cool to try and port some Nspire programs to the CE.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Quote:
To Do:
    ▪ Add More LUA Functions
    ▪ Add More CE Library Functions
    ▪ Add Multi-Line Strings
    ▪ Add Variables and Functions

I'm hoping to make a lot of progress in the next few months, but as I'm 13, I may have to postpone it's release until the end of summer.

Well, since there's only one thing done on the list, I assume it's "still in major development" Wink

Cool project calclover! I don't use Lua myself, but it'd still be cool to try and port some Nspire programs to the CE.

Crap. I didn't read the thread *again*, sorry.
I just realized my question was stupid. It was answered already if I just read it Razz
UPDATE:
I have added variable support
Things that need to be fixed/problems:
Due to memory limitations, only 7 variables will be available at any given time, and they cannot be named Sad
No arithmetic is currently supported
RAM will be cleared if at least 1 script doesn't exist at the time that the program is run - FIXED
Not sure how memory is so restricted there can only be seven variables. Also, if it doesn't support language features like variables like custom names, it can only be described as LUA-like at best, making the project name misleading.

I'm not saying that you should abandon this project (I'm interested in seeing how it will turn out), but unless it functions exactly like Lua, i since it wont would be misleading to claim such. Since it won't be compatible with Lua programs anyway, maybe you could add your own unique features to it and make it your own, rather than trying to recreate Lua.
Not sure how this is going to work, but be sure to keep us updated!

Someone should really make a Python interpreter though.
coolcrab wrote:
Not sure how this is going to work, but be sure to keep us updated!

Someone should really make a Python interpreter though.

I'm already doing that. It will be in ICE, but I already added one command: print("[text]")
However, to signify a new command, you will need to add a '--' (2 '-' 's)
commandblockguy wrote:
Not sure how memory is so restricted there can only be seven variables.

ICE has limitations. All named variables that can store strings point to Ans, which is overwritten by every command.
I am already using Str1, Str2, & Str0, so the only pointers available are Str3 through Str9.
Not sure if this is an issue with ICE, but until it is fixed, I am not capable of implementing more than 7 variables.
Also, I need a way for ICE to write string data to a OS String if I am going to get any farther with this project.
I have tried

Code:
OpenVar("Str1","w+",4)->SLOT
but it doesn't work
Help would be enormously appreciated.
Thanks,
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

In response to this and to my poll, here is a pre-alpha release: ScriptCE
It should be stable, although it doesn't do much.
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Thank you calclover2514! Smile
I hate bothering people about downloads. However, I enjoy testing them, so that if I have a problem and the way my program works is similar to other people's prgms, I can see if I can borrow their code to fix my problem Razz

EDIT: Oh, I meant I will see how their program works and see if I can get the code that fixes my problem Razz
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

I hate bothering people about downloads. However, I enjoy testing them, so that if I have a problem and the way my program works is similar to other people's prgms, I can see if I can borrow their code to fix my problem Razz

EDIT: Oh, I meant I will see how their program works and see if I can get the code that fixes my problem Razz

If it fixes your problem I'd be glad to help you Smile
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

Is there a way you can upload the interpreter source code.
I want to see how the program works?
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

If you mean you can help me with my interpreter, I'd like for u to!
So, here's my Interpreter link (Just started working on it yesterday):
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/Python-Interpreter-for-TI-84-Plus-CE/tree/master
You can see my problem there, I think. My problem is, I can't read from a program directly, but all I need is to figure out how the LUA-like interpreter reads programs. That would be appreciated. Also, the way mine works is kinda sloppy rn. But, if I can get the code it'd be great!
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
calclover2514 wrote:
TimmyTurner62 wrote:

If you mean you can help me with my interpreter, I'd like for u to!
So, here's my Interpreter link (Just started working on it yesterday):
https://github.com/TimmyTurner51/Python-Interpreter-for-TI-84-Plus-CE/tree/master
You can see my problem there, I think. My problem is, I can't read from a program directly, but all I need is to figure out how the LUA-like interpreter reads programs. That would be appreciated. Also, the way mine works is kinda sloppy rn. But, if I can get the code it'd be great!

Here: Source Code
Can you make a document containing available code(s) and their syntax?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours