Up to this point all of my games that I'd ever made were in TI-Basic, but this time I decided to make one in C. This game is called "Lumber Tycoon", and it's as fun as it sounds.
There's no real gameplay in this, all you do is chop a tree, sell it, chop it, sell it, buy a new axe, chop a tree, sell it. However, the game still has a few nice features.

Day/Night Cycles! (sped up 83x)

Chopping and selling logs!

Saving/Loading data!

Tutorial!

(Also the higher level your axe is the faster it gets to chop down a tree)

And that's about it. I'm not going to upload the program because I doubt anyone wants to play a game like this, because like I said earlier there's no actual gameplay, it's basically a clicker game. If anyone wants me to put up a download I will, but I seriously doubt that'll happen.
Cool! I love the graphics - also the day/night cycle.

Had you thought about a chopping animation for the sprite? And perhaps some counters for lumber and money?

You should upload it!
tr1p1ea wrote:
Cool! I love the graphics - also the day/night cycle.

Had you thought about a chopping animation for the sprite? And perhaps some counters for lumber and money?

You should upload it!

Thanks! I added a chopping animation and disabled movement while chopping, but I'm not sure what you mean about counters. Do you mean a statistics page, or do you want me to tell the player how much they gained/lost in real-time?

And here's a download link
Looks great! By the counters I mean if you wanted to use a bigger font for the money etc at the top - (Sorry, I wasn't very cohesive)
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks great! By the counters I mean if you wanted to use a bigger font for the money etc at the top - (Sorry, I wasn't very cohesive)

Oh, good idea.

And some new animations!

download
This is great! I'm a bit disappointed though that no matter how much I chop the tree never falls down Razz

Would be great to see a bit more complexity added to the game, at the moment it doesn't seem like there's much reward or progression other than just getting better axes to do the same thing.
This looks like it might be mildly entertaining! ;P

It's definitely way better than my first C game (that one terrible CE tic tac toe game with the most hideous C code imaginable), almost mkes me want a good cookie clicker clone on the CE :3
Michael2_3B wrote:
This is great! I'm a bit disappointed though that no matter how much I chop the tree never falls down Razz

Would be great to see a bit more complexity added to the game, at the moment it doesn't seem like there's much reward or progression other than just getting better axes to do the same thing.

Thanks!

I don't plan on adding anything to this game, though I have some good ideas if I decide on making a sequel.

Pieman7373 wrote:
This looks like it might be mildly entertaining! ;P

It's definitely way better than my first C game (that one terrible CE tic tac toe game with the most hideous C code imaginable), almost mkes me want a good cookie clicker clone on the CE :3

It's not. Wink

Also, your first C game looks pretty good! In my opinion, it's better than Lumber Tycoon.

On an unrelated note, I ought to start working on XTREME GOLF again.
Looks pretty good, kinda entertaining but it's understandable. I wonder why is there only one tree?
Why is there no read me or is it a game where you have to figure everything out by yourself?
The game isn't finished, so that's could be why there is no readme. I am even surprised that the download link still works at all.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
The game isn't finished, so that's could be why there is no readme. I am even surprised that the download link still works at all.

I think I added a win condition so, though it's not official released aside for a forum download, the version would be called finished, giving the player a full experience with a beginning, middle, and end (though not a very good one Wink )
I'm not really surprised that the Mediafire link is still up. That site is probably not going to go down for a good amount of time.

Now, what I am surprised by is the fact that someone found this thread after all this time! Razz
Factorio demo on CE when
How's the progress?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours