Once again, this program is a host driver, and you want a device driver for your program. This code could only be used for programs which use the USB port to interface with devices, not hosts.
I'm working on an OS and probably need USB for some kind of bootloader. Otherwise, sending a larger OS image will be a pain. I can't wait to see this work. Hopefully, it'll be better documented than FreeOS, which I have successfully decoded Smile
Any information on getting a dongle similar to the one used in the photo?
It should be listed as a "USB Type A Mini OTG Adapter" or similar. They are fairly inexpensive online, so I recommend getting one if you are at all interested in USB stuff for the CE.
Yeah, it is just a simple USB A Female to USB Mini B Male dongle. Most of the ones you will find online will work, but you just need to make sure it is a data conversion cable as well, rather than just a charging adapter between USB A and USB mini B.This is a good and decently priced (considering the free shipping) dongle that I have used for my Nintendo 3DS and should work with the TI-84 Plus CE.
does this mean we can now connect our Ti-84 PCE to the internet??
That will be great Very Happy .
Well, the protocol is not designed yet, but eventually... perhaps.

EDIT: I should probably also say that it is unlikely that a Wifi USB dongle is ever supported as the power that it would draw could be potentially greater than what the CE supplies over USB.
I'm working on connecting a CE to IRC using a raspberry pi and my serial driver. At this point the only thing preventing this is the software on the pi, which should be relatively easy to finish once I get Python installed.

Also, it might be possible to use a USB Ethernet adapter to directly connect to a network, but I haven't looked into it much.
This is quite the FAT project
Work is underway for usbdrvce, fatdrvce, and srldrvce. Stay tuned on the 'usbdrvce' branch of the toolchain Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Work is underway for usbdrvce, fatdrvce, and srldrvce. Stay tuned on the 'usbdrvce' branch of the toolchain Smile

Oooooh this is exciting. I can't wait to see what I can do with it!
MateoConLechuga wrote:

What happened to the source code link? It seems like the Github repository has been deleted.
ContronThePanda wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

What happened to the source code link? It seems like the Github repository has been deleted.

It's all been moved to the toolchain branch.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
ContronThePanda wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

It's all been moved to the toolchain branch.

I see, thanks!
The links are broken- is the code/program still available somewhere? Can you please relink it? I would love to be able to use this.
OhNo2 wrote:
The links are broken- is the code/program still available somewhere? Can you please relink it? I would love to be able to use this.

It's in here.
Will this be part of usb.h? Right now it’s pretty empty.
How is it going? Does only charging work for now?
It will be its own library, like graphx or fileioc.
You can find the header for it at https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/usbdrvce/src/usbdrvce/usbdrvce.h
You can also build that toolchain branch yourself if you want to try it or the FAT driver out now, though it looks like most of it hasn't been implemented yet.
Does anybody have some example code for the fatdrvce.h library they are willing to share.
I'm able to print the partition sizes and logical block addresses but when it comes to viewing the files I'm a little lost.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours