Welcome!

Recently, I have been working on an Circuit Builder and Simulator for the TI Nspire. The result is NSPICE! The name plays off of the Nspire technology and popular SPICE simulator for integrated circuits and its related programs (PSPICE, XSPICE, LTSPICE etc.)

This project is still in its alpha stages, and I plan to put a lot more into it. In the meantime however, I wanted to post here to get some feedback.
Currently, it supports circuits composed of Resistors, Voltage Sources and Current sources.

Here is a video showing some of the features so far

Future features I hope to implement include:

• Save and load circuits
  • Better help menu
  • Dialog messages to indicate why / when a solve fails
  • Warning message before clearing the circuit
  • Option to always view component name / values
  • Color Themes
  • Export data to TI Nspire Basic variables
  • Calculate current through voltage sources
  • Allow resistors with 0 resistance.
  • More components (Diodes, Lights, Switches, Capacitors, Inductors ..)
  • Clean up source and add function docs

NSPICE uses the GUI Toolkit from FormulaPro, by Adriweb and Jim Bauwens. Much thanks to them!

Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.
A download can be found here.
This looks real nice.
gplastic wrote:
This looks real nice.

It looks more than just "real nice", it's freaking awesome. I've been waiting years for someone to make something like this. It's also not crazy processor intensive, so it would be neat to see a CE port maybe :p

Anyway, I hope to maybe one day see some op-amps, but that's probably too far out there :p
MateoConLechuga wrote:
gplastic wrote:
This looks real nice.

It looks more than just "real nice", it's freaking awesome. I've been waiting years for someone to make something like this. It's also not crazy processor intensive, so it would be neat to see a CE port maybe :p

Anyway, I hope to maybe one day see some op-amps, but that's probably too far out there :p

Wow thank you! The calculations were especially easy using the CAS functionality, though there may still be some bugs. I think opamps would not be too difficult to implement, the hardest part would probably be that the schematic editor is designed with the assumption that each component takes the space of one grid segment. Maybe eventually I will try to implement them. Smile
i couldn't seam to locate the source files for your project, as you haven't updated in a while i'd like to continue where you left off on the project
Huh, I missed this topic the first time around, so thanks for necroposting, ize-69. Wink I'm disappointed we haven't seen more circuit simulators for more calculator models, actually, given how many of us have eventually gone into EE after our early days with calculators. Good luck getting in touch with M4dasOne and continuing the project; let us know if you do!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours