Title. I’m beginning to suspect that the LCD in the PCE is proprietary, considering I haven’t heard a whisper of being able to find one by itself. I’m looking to gut the PCE and replace it with a rPi mini running Linux, but to do that I need to understand how to write to the LCD. Does anyone know what that screen is, or at least the protocols used by its ribbon cable?
The display is made by GiantPlus there are multiple types of models, but they're all compatible with each other. My display is model GPM1421C0 though I'm not sure where on the display it says that.
You can find details on the +CE's LCD, and the LCD controller over here:
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=84PCE:Ports:4000
Solved! Thank you TheLastMillenial and KryptonicDragon, this information is invaulable.

EDIT: I’d be happy to take a dead 84PCE off of anyone’s hands...
Sam wrote:
EDIT: I’d be happy to take a dead 84PCE off of anyone’s hands...

I mean, I'd be happy to take a live CE off of someone's hands. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours