I made a program so I can calculate endpoint using midpoint, but I want to display the numbers in a parenthesis, but I can since the numbers are stored in letters and I can't do: Disp "(B,C)" (B and C are the numbers stored from the program). Is there anyway to do this?

Here is the code:

Code:

Disp "
Disp "Midpoint is (x, y)."
Disp "Point X is (z, a)."
Disp "
Prompt X
Prompt Y
Prompt Z
Prompt A
2X-Z→B
2Y-A→C
Disp "The endpoint is..."
Disp B,C  <-- I want these numbers displayed in parenthesis.

If you know please help. (Sorry I'm new to this)

(P.S I have Ti - 84 Plus CE calculator)
If you absolutely must have parenthesis, you can use the toString( token.

Code:
Disp "("+toString(B)+","+toString(C)+")"

It is probably faster and simpler to just use a list, though.

Code:
Disp {B,C}
Thank you lol, I'm dumb.
Hi and welcome. In my time, before there was the luxury of toString(, one might have used Output( to strategically place characters across the home screen. Another option is the Text( command, which accepts any number of arguments while printing to the graph screen. The latter takes a little more prep work (since it may conflict with active graphs and so forth), but it can reward you with its flexibility in staging tables, charts, formulas, and the like. If you have more questions after getting your feet wet with the wiki, bring them up here and we'll get them sorted out.
Weregoose wrote:
In my time, before there was the luxury of toString(

BACK IN MAHH DEYYY Rolling Eyes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours