Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Recently (25 minutes ago), SC deleted 95% of one of my projects after I saved and refreshed the page. Fortunately, I had a fairly recent backup, so I was able to get back on track pretty quickly, but I hope this is fixed, and I'll definitely be backing up more in the future.

Edit: I thought I should say that I overwrote the now (almost) blank project with the backup I had, then saved it. However, it deleted it again. I re-uploaded under a different project, and it worked fine.

Edit #2: Update: It happened again. Luckily, I was prepared with my backup. Maybe my file is too big?
(Please don't double-post if it's been within 24 hours; instead, edit your previous post).

How large is the file you're working on?
KermMartian wrote:
(Please don't double-post if it's been within 24 hours; instead, edit your previous post).

Sorry.

KermMartian wrote:
How large is the file you're working on?

71KB, so it should be within the 200KB limit.

Update 2-16-19: Every time I exit SourceCoder, it blanks the file (mostly; it reduces it from ~75KB to ~500B), so I always have to save it locally before exiting. It doesn't matter what name it's under; it always gets erased. Now I have a new problem: If my file is below 80KB, it compiles fine. However, if it's a byte over 80KB, if compiles the blank program mentioned before (only the first few hundred bytes). I guess I might just have to start downloading the source onto the calculator, then try compiling it with that? At any rate, this is a bit inconvenient, so any action to fix this would be much appreciated.

Screenshot of the files. Bottom was compiled from 79KB file, top was compiled from 80KB file:

Another Update: I tried compiling with ICE on the calculator. Same result. Guess I'll have to cut down my code (it is pretty inefficient).
Sounds like an ICE bug then.
When you have multiple program tabs in the same project and you edit one program, then go to a different program tab. If you press ctrl+z it deletes that entire program and replaces it with the code from the previous program tab. I have narrowly avoided accidentally losing an entire program simply because I pressed ctrl+z one too many times.

Also, nothing has been done to that annoying green banner. Can you add a checkbox that says 'disable banner'?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Also, nothing has been done to that annoying green banner. Can you add a checkbox that says 'disable banner'?

Yeah, is there a solution in the works? The one thing I don't really like about the "popup" is that when you are editing a sprite in the SC editor, and you click and drag when the banner pops up, it moves the sprite editor too, adding a line down the sprite. I would like a banner on the side, it is helpful to know if your program autosaves or not
Source Coder won't start download of compiled C program when I hit export.
Since I only program C on my computer, I pretty much never use SC3 because of this Sad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 29 of 29
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours