Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Well I had 10 zombies then I died and it shut down completely
We need more than that. Has your calculator ever unexpectedly crashed before? How do we reproduce the bug? Are there any shells installed; can you reproduce the bug without them?
Yeah, unless it happens to someone else in similar circumstances while playing Zombie Chase, I can neither confirm nor deny that this is caused by my program.
This looks rather fun Smile

Couple ideas for a more challenging mode:

HP decreases over time, because you are fighting the zombie virus while they are chasing you

Perhaps zombies get smarter to intercept the food before you?
tifreak8x wrote:
This looks rather fun Smile

Couple ideas for a more challenging mode:

HP decreases over time, because you are fighting the zombie virus while they are chasing you

Perhaps zombies get smarter to intercept the food before you?


Interesting idea. I'll be sure to look into it. Smile
No. I was using Cesium. I had 10 zombies and I died. Then the whole screen started displaying a whole bunch of colors. I pressed the reset button but that did no good. I took the battery out but that did no good either. Then what should I do? Well My only option was to press 2nd+Delete+Reset
#Tankidaboss wrote:
No. I was using Cesium. I had 10 zombies and I died. Then the whole screen started displaying a whole bunch of colors. I pressed the reset button but that did no good. I took the battery out but that did no good either. Then what should I do? Well My only option was to press 2nd+Delete+Reset

What in the world does that key combination do... This makes no sense Very Happy I would recommend coming up with a demonstrable case where it fails and the steps required to reproduce it. I've been trying forever to get it to fail, and it hasn't yet Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
#Tankidaboss wrote:
No. I was using Cesium. I had 10 zombies and I died. Then the whole screen started displaying a whole bunch of colors. I pressed the reset button but that did no good. I took the battery out but that did no good either. Then what should I do? Well My only option was to press 2nd+Delete+Reset

What in the world does that key combination do... This makes no sense Very Happy I would recommend coming up with a demonstrable case where it fails and the steps required to reproduce it. I've been trying forever to get it to fail, and it hasn't yet Razz
That key combination sounds like an attempt at the OS invalidation key sequence, [2nd]-[DEL]-[ON]-Reset.
NEW FEATURE: Once "bitten" by a zombie, you become infected! Health decreases after you've been bitten, so you have less time to get points. Also, health packs give more health after being bitten.

Thanks tifreak8x for the suggestion!

Screenshot:


Should be approved for the archives soon!

Any other suggestions are appreciated! Also, let me know if it's still too easy for you. Wink
*Bump*

I was playing this amazing game, and when I died, my score was 26.

Afterwards, the screen turned completely green, and after a few seconds, slowly turned white, and it didn't even play the Fail message. I had to hit the reset button on the back. Fortunately, I didn't lose anything thanks to the backup feature on Cesium.

I did launch it from Cesium, could that be the cause of the crash?
*necro-bump*

Hey everyone, I'm back! And I just purchased my very own TI-84 Plus CE, and I decided to pick up this project once again! So, I've experienced the bug where the screen goes white and then you have to press the reset button, and I think it was because the "health" variable was trying to go below zero. Still not sure, but so far so good with my bug fixes. Also, new feature: Bombs! So, I couldn't think of any way that projectile weapons could work, so I decided that dropping bombs was the next best thing. \_(ツ)_/ It's working okay, I'm sure there are some bugs to be worked out, but it's still a work in progress. I have big plans for the future of this game, I just hope I don't lose motivation.

Here's a screenshot to keep you guys interested:

(fyi, the speed is not actually that fast and the numbers in the top left hand corner were just for debugging purposes)

Oh, and btw bombs also act as a sort-of "lure," so when you place a bomb zombies chase it instead of you.

It will probably be a while before I upload an update, so be patient! There are other new features I'd like to implement before releasing the bomb update.
Wow. It has been a looooong time. In fact you left shortly after I registered and I've been here almost 2 years!

Anyways, I haven't played ZombieChase before, but it looks amazing and I'll have to try it! I can't wait for the update, what all are you planning to add?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow. It has been a looooong time. In fact you left shortly after I registered and I've been here almost 2 years!

Anyways, I haven't played ZombieChase before, but it looks amazing and I'll have to try it! I can't wait for the update, what all are you planning to add?


Sorry, I've been meaning to reply. In terms of features, alongside the bombs that act as "lures," just plain lures that you could use to distract the zombies while you go collect more health/money/points. Not sure what other objects I had in mind (possibly armor? stronger bombs?), but I was really thinking of implementing a shop where you can buy the lures and bombs and such.

So I have this problem where I get really motivated to work on a project and then if I get stuck, I lose interest until that motivation is renewed again at some future point. I got stuck trying to figure out how to get the shop looking like I wanted and basically rage quit, but I feel like I'll start working on this again soon. Don't get your hopes up too high, but I at least want to release a version that fixes the crash bug (I've gotten a few bad reviews Neutral )

And sorry again for the necrobump. I do intend to at least release the version where the bug is fixed.

Edit:
Just uploaded the update with the bug fix to the archives. The update also includes an updated FAIL screen ("extra gory") and I updated the font of the text at the end (still no font for numbers though). Some screenshots below.



Note: I'm fairly certain that the big crash bug is fixed (it's been a lot easier to test on an actual CE instead of just the emulator). But if anyone has any bugs/issues to report, I'd really appreciate a post in this thread. Thanks, everyone for the support!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement