Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Binary Grid!

Hey guys, this is my first project here at Cemetech. It's called Binary Grid, based off of the app of the same name for Android. Basically the idea of the game is to switch each section of the grid from 1 to 0 so the binary string is the same as the decimal number on the outside.

I've been working on this project on and off for a bit and it is already mostly done, I mainly just need to optimize as it is a little slower than I would like. One unique thing about this game is it will work on any TI-83+ or 84+ calculator, including color screens, since it uses the home screen.

Unfortunately I do not have any screenshots or gifs of gameplay yet, but I should be able to post them soon.

Anyways, feel free to post questions or suggestions below.
This sounds really interesting for a first project, can't wait to see how it will turn out!

You say you are using the homescreen which I think is really cool. I personally really like homescreen games (not sure why, probably just because of how fantastic the large font is on the color calcs).

It'll be interesting to see how you do/are doing a selector for indicating which square is selected. I know how I'd do it I'd use a "v" at the top of the screen and a ">" on the side and where they intersect is the selected square, or flash the number every few frames but there are so many cool options available!
Since it only has a 3x3 game mode (for now at least), it uses the numpad to switch the corresponding cell between 1 and 0. In the future when larger boards are added I will just use the area around the numpad in a similar fashion.

Also yeah, some of my favorite calculator games use the home screen, it's also obviously a great way to make a program cross-calc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours