After completing my first game in ICE, I've run fresh out of new game ideas. If you have an existing game you'd like to see for the TI-84 Plus CE, or an original game idea, I'd really appreciate it! Right now I'm thinking that a retro arcade game could be cool (not that those haven't been done before), but I would consider any game really, as long as it's fun and doable.

My ideas so far are Asteroids and Lunar Lander. The original Asteroids is very fun and addictive, and would be fairly straightforward to make, but I don't think it would really work on the comparatively tiny screen of a calculator (I can't be sure until I try, though). Lunar Lander should work, but I just don't have much experience with it.
Try a Pac-Man ish game where you eat dots and avoid ghosts.
Both those games have already been made for the CE. Asteroids by LAX18 and Lunar Lander (Loonar Lander) by Iambian.

EDIT: also, pacman has also already been made.

Nothing is stopping you from making your own, though.
The gameplay of LAX's Asteroids isn't the same as the [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroids_(video_game)]arcade game[/url] of the same name.

I would try cloning a mobile or arcade game. Gameplay is guaranteed to already be balanced, you have a template to work off of, and users are more likely to download a game they have seen before.
jcgter777 wrote:
Both those games have already been made for the CE. Asteroids by LAX18 and Lunar Lander (Loonar Lander) by Iambian.

Okay! Thanks for researching it. I'll have to give those a try!

commandblockguy wrote:
I would try cloning a mobile or arcade game. Gameplay is guaranteed to already be balanced, you have a template to work off of, and users are more likely to download a game they have seen before.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Thanks for the advice!

(Too many exclamation points on my part!)
You could make an arcade collection?
tr1p1ea wrote:
You could make an arcade collection?

Hmm... That would actually be really cool. It would take a lot of commitment and would be a pretty big file, but otherwise that could work. But has someone already made one (I know they exist for various monochrome calculators)?
*Researches*

Edit: I can't easily find one of those, so maybe I'll do that.
Have you heard of pac attack.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I have now. So (I was just watching a video) basically Tetris but with a twist?
Pi_Runner wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I have now. So (I was just watching a video) basically Tetris but with a twist?

Basically it's like fun Tetris. I used to play it for hours Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Basically it's like fun Tetris. I used to play it for hours Razz

Cool! I'll definetly consider it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours