During my scarce free time, I made a simple DVD screensaver. (Took me almost a week to make with my schedule )
Turns out if I just did some simple bouncing code, then the DVD icon would hit a corner every few seconds, which of course is not acceptable! I need to keep people on their toes so I added a randomizer that will make the DVD icon hit the corner a lot less of the time!

I've also added a small Easter egg when you press [enter]!

Download it here!
cool beans, can the program play my dvd too? do you have an adapter for that, dvd to calculator?

edit: if you couldn't tell, i'm joking Razz
anyways can't wait to try it out!
I can't wait to see it! Love the gif!
[url]Download it here![/url][/quote]

is that a placeholder or a troll? There's no URL...
Erm, I totally didn't forget to put in the most important part of the [url] tags. Laughing
Anyways, I've fixed the link!

Edit: I didn't even see Michael2_3B's post! But no, it can't play a DVD Laughing, Iambian was making a video converter though. Sadly, I think he stopped developing it. Sad
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Sadly, I think he stopped developing it. Sad

Um no he finished it.
I just found out that pressing [enter] changes the ¨DVD video¨ to a ¨Windows XP¨ logo.
Haha, nice catch! I may update this with more Easter eggs in the future...
This is nice, although the first time I ran it I had a bug where it stopped bouncing around and just dragged on the bottom of the screen, moving to the left until it reset itself. Nice job on the built-in error catching but don't you think you could prevent that from happening completely?

Also this got me thinking, there are some old screensavers I remember from way back when that I may try to recreate if I can.
Maybe if you have a good C compiler for the ez80 you could compile libmpeg2 for it although I think you would need more ram. Then you could play low resolution MPEG2s (DVDs also use MPEG2 for video compression). I did it for the Casio Prizm and it worked on there.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
I did it for the Casio Prizm and it worked on there.

The Casio Prizm has 32MB of flash and 2MB of RAM. The CE has 1MB of user flash and 64KB of RAM program space. They are not even close to comparable systems Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours