Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/issues/26

Read?
Is it possible for a hidden program to stay hidden after a reset?
It is a general rule of thumb to not use the hidden program feature. In fact, the creator (MateoC) does not recommend their usage either.

That being said, I am unsure. I have had hidden programs that I have unhidden magically rehide after a RAM reset occurs, so that may be possible. However, if it does not work for you, then it most likely is not a capability of Cesium.

EDIT: As Zeda said in IRC (Discord):
Zeda wrote:
@LAX18 I haven't followed the project. Are they talking about the OS hiding feature?
If so, it needs to be hidden before archiving
Basically, when you archived a var, a copy of the VAT entry is also archived. Upon a RAM reset, the OS uses that archived copy to regenerate the VAT
So if it is hidden before you archive, when the OS regenerates the VAT, it will restore it with the "hidden" name.
If you want to keep programs hidden after reset, hide them while they are in RAM, and then rearchive them if necessary.
LAX18 wrote:
It is a general rule of thumb to not use the hidden program feature. In fact, the creator (MateoC) does not recommend their usage either.

That being said, I am unsure. I have had hidden programs that I have unhidden magically rehide after a RAM reset occurs, so that may be possible. However, if it does not work for you, then it most likely is not a capability of Cesium.

EDIT: As Zeda said in IRC (Discord):
Zeda wrote:
@LAX18 I haven't followed the project. Are they talking about the OS hiding feature?
If so, it needs to be hidden before archiving
Basically, when you archived a var, a copy of the VAT entry is also archived. Upon a RAM reset, the OS uses that archived copy to regenerate the VAT
So if it is hidden before you archive, when the OS regenerates the VAT, it will restore it with the "hidden" name.

Why? All my programs work fine?
Yes, the programs themselves work fine, but it can sometimes cause issues with the OS's file system because hidden files are not an intended OS feature.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 19 of 19
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours